grrrr kaspersky find mbam as trojan AGAIN

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR i just updated mbam via the auto update and it snagged the newest version via the auto update and as par the course the last 2-3 updates kaspersky finds this!!!!!

1/5/2009 7:06:45 PM Detected: Trojan.generic Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\APPLICATION DATA\MALWAREBYTES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\MBAM-SETUP.EXE

i contacted kaspersky and they said since its rojan like behavior they wont do anything about it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRR

Yup, it's been an ongoing issue, probably because of the drivers MBAM installs or the way it's compressed/packed. The funny thing is, I've been using Kaspersky for years and have yet to see one FP related to MBAM, I do know they happen however as I've seen many users such as yourself where Kaspersky is flagging it.

No idea, but from what I've read around the KL forums it seems the detection is the result of the heuristics Kaspersky uses to detect new trojans and trojan-like programs so without completely redesigning their detection engine/algorithms it would be impossible for it to be whitelisted unless each time a new version of MBAM were to be released, it was immediately sent as a sample to KL to be specifically whitelisted in Kaspersky's defs, and of course would still be detected on users systems if they didn't have the absolute latest Kaspersky sigs before downloading the new version of MBAM.

thats what they told me to because it "is trojan like behavior" i have my defs set to check for updates every hr so i always have the latest defs so it is definately their heurastics finding it. might wanna have marcin talk to eugene directly i have his direct email addres if he wants it just have him pm me for it. im hoping if he talks to him this can be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as par for the course kaspersky has found mbam as a trojan!! i guess this is never going to be resolved!!

1/15/2009 8:43:20 AM Proactive Defense Detected: Trojan.generic Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES' ANTI-MALWARE\MBAM.EXE