Tracur Trojan

Hello everyone,

Well, I am dealing with the same tough virus (BHO + Tracur). I've done everything Vidman40 suggested - deleted the "BulletStorm" file, deleting the created Registry keys, etc. I updated then ran MBAM, and it picked them up again. I once again went searching to find the "Bulletstorm" file and managed to find it, but it had a different name (sorry, I didn't write it down). I found it because I listed the .exe files in order of last modification. This is really getting tiresome!

I would welcome any suggestions on how to fully get rid of this virus. Is it possible that the virus is now tied to MBAM itself?

Thanks in advance! - MW

Below is the last log:

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 2

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.fsharproj (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_RPCSS32 (Trojan.Tracur) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\documents and settings\localservice\application data\02000000e856302b1406c.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\documents and settings\localservice\application data\02000000e856302b1406o.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\documents and settings\localservice\application data\02000000e856302b1406p.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\documents and settings\localservice\application data\02000000e856302b1406s.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\02000000e856302b1406c.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\02000000e856302b1406o.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\02000000e856302b1406p.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\02000000e856302b1406s.manifest (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!