BEST BUY to sell HP Touchpads for $100 each..

ShyWriter

Can I call 'em or what?? :P

If you miss the BEST BUY sale look at bottom of post for direct HP link to be notified when HP has more available at this price. Note these prices are $400 OFF the original selling price. DISCLAIMER: I have no financial interest, or anything else, in BEST BUY or HP.

post-35425-0-86945800-1313950428.jpg

U.S. Best Buy to sell $100 HP TouchPad Sunday

blog_brooke_crothers_60x60.png By: Brooke Crothers August 20, 2011 11:03 PM PDT

Select Best Buy stores will sell the HP TouchPad tablet for $99 on Sunday.

hp-touchpad-best-buy-small.jpg (Credit: Best Buy)

Select Best Buy stores in the U.S. will sell the TouchPad for $99 on Sunday.

A store manager in suburban Los Angeles said the TouchPad will go on sale when Best Buy opens its doors Sunday at 10 a.m. The sale applies to all Best Buy stores that have stock, but not all stores do, he said.

Stores typically have stock in the tens of units, not hundreds, according to the store manager. "If people start lining up, the stock will go fast," he said.

Both models will be sold: the 16GB and 32GB, for $100 and $150, respectively, he said.

This comes in the wake of fire sales by Hewlett-Packard on its TouchPad site and at Best Buy in Canada, among other U.S. resellers.

HP announced Thursday that it is shuttering the WebOS device business.

Source: http://news.cnet.com...g=2547-1_3-0-20

post-35425-0-32618400-1313950898.jpg

NOTE: NOTIFY ME BUTTONS are hot-linked via image..Directly to the HP site waiting list (for returned stock)..

--END

Shy

OMG is that it $100 for a 16GB HP TouchPad.

Thats quite cheap :)

[...]

Stores typically have stock in the tens of units, not hundreds, according to the store manager. "If people start lining up, the stock will go fast," he said.

Both models will be sold: the 16GB and 32GB, for $100 and $150, respectively, he said.

[...]

Evidently BEST BUY CANADA as well as the HP site has been selling them at this price already BEFORE announcing the price in the US.. :angry:

Gggrrrrrrr...

Probably because the Canadian dollar is worth more.. :P

Steve

Yikes. I wasn't planning on going anytime soon but if I did go it wouldn't be for a few days, and I bet they'd be sold out if they had any to begin wtih... :( I'd like to get one just because that's a smoking good deal and I'd totally use it but sounds like I'd be out of luck anyway....

Imho not worth it to buy orphaned hardware. Unless someone figures out how to put some other os on it.

Excellent point Rich. I wonder if HP would honor any warranties for the item...

Can't find a location that has any left in stock. Amazon.com is also out; Best Buy is out online - haven't tried a store; HP is signing people up for a waiting list.. DRATS!!!

Found out this morning HP has a 64gig version but have seen none mentioned for sale at any site. The original 8gig models aren't mention either.

Seems there may be several Operating Systems that can be modified to replace WebOS if HP dumps it.

This gets more interesting by the minute. Best Buy Canada and US sold almost a quarter of a million units since the 20th.

Steve

Hmmmm...

Well I did check Amazon yeseterday and there was no discount really... and none being sold by Amazon itself, at least not that I could see. Sucks that they are out of them now though.

Oh well, no biggie for me...