explorer.exe wants to access internet

Guest BlairWitch

Guest BlairWitch

Hello. When i go to my firefox download folder and want to install some program my ashampoo firewall gives a message that explorer.exe wants to access internet through port 80 usually to this ip address 199.7.48.190. Is this normal?

Hello. When i go to my firefox download folder and want to install some program my ashampoo firewall gives a message that explorer.exe wants to access internet through port 80 usually to this ip address 199.7.48.190. Is this normal?

The IP address belongs to VeriSign ( A Certificate Authority [CA])and might be related to a webpage whose URL begins "https"?

Guest BlairWitch

The IP address belongs to VeriSign ( A Certificate Authority [CA])and might be related to a webpage whose URL begins "https"?

So is that normal? Should i give explorer.exe internet access? I also have another problem rising pc doctor reports that i have two admin accounts in my computer but i dont have i only see one when i go to control panel and look at the user accounts. I allways run my computer from admin account thats the only account i have then there is the quest account but that is not in use.

Guest BlairWitch

I received the firewall warning when i was installing iobit's advanced system care. Also when i was installing winamp explorer.exe wanted internet access.

So is that normal? Should i give explorer.exe internet access? I also have another problem rising pc doctor reports that i have two admin accounts in my computer but i don't have i only see one when i go to control panel and look at the user accounts. I always run my computer from admin account that's the only account i have then there is the quest account but that is not in use.

If the login name you use is not administrator and you have administrator privileges, then your answer is you and the administrator or the two privileged accounts.

BTW, it's not recommended to routinely use a privileged account for everyday tasks. A "user" account is sufficient for everyday work.

HTH :)

Guest BlairWitch

I just installed winamp and during the install the ashampoo firewall stated that rundll32.exe wants to access the internet through port 80. These were the ip addressess that it wanted to access... 202.232.180.209 that ip seems to be in Japan http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/202.232.180.209

and 72.21.211.188 this seems to be in united states and belongs to amazon.com.

I also scanned the rundll32.dll in virustotal and it was not detected by any of the scanners but in additional information it says Warning: Possibly corrupt Version resource... This is the finnish version of the windows xp home operating system.

I just installed Winamp and during the install the Ashampoo firewall stated that rundll32.exe wants to access the internet through port 80. These were the ip addresses that it wanted to access... 202.232.180.209 that ip seems to be in Japan http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/202.232.180.209

and 72.21.211.188 this seems to be in united states and belongs to amazon.com.

The 202.232.180.209 IP address is unresponsive and seemed to pose no threat via an abbreviated check. The 72.21.211.188 IP address also seems non-malevolent and might be ad-ware related to your freeware install of the Winamp media player.

I also scanned the rundll32.dll in VirusTotal and it was not detected by any of the scanners but in additional information it says Warning: Possibly corrupt Version resource... This is the Finnish version of the windows XP home operating system.

Please resubmit the rundll32.dll to VirusTotal again. After VT has run its analysis, please copy/paste the results URL into a reply to this topic.

At this point, all seems innocent and none of the above should indicate malware infiltration.

HTH :)