System Resetting During Full Scan

Greetings and welcome to the forum. To help you troubleshoot I'm going to ask you a few questions.

First off, what other security software do you have installed?

Second, have you tried running checkdisk to see if perhaps there is hard disk corruption causing the problem?

Finally, have you tried uninstalling Malwarebytes', rebooting, and then reinstalling Malwarebytes' to see if that fixes it?

Please post back with the info and let me know if my suggestion helped. Thanks.

Greetings and welcome to the forum. To help you troubleshoot I'm going to ask you a few questions.

First off, what other security software do you have installed?

Second, have you tried running checkdisk to see if perhaps there is hard disk corruption causing the problem?

Finally, have you tried uninstalling Malwarebytes', rebooting, and then reinstalling Malwarebytes' to see if that fixes it?

Please post back with the info and let me know if my suggestion helped. Thanks.

I have AVG (licenced) and Spybot S&D on my system. Malwaytebytes was giving me false positives on some files then crashing my system. Removing the files 'let' the software continue until it found something else it didn't like, then it crashed my system again - it now runs for about 30 minutes then crashes my system without finding anything I can see. I've run AVG over the same files and found nothing, same thing with Spybot, which always found what Malwarebytes found only when I ran it over the files Malwarebytes found, it found nothing.

I'd made some changes to my system so did a system restore and ran Malwarebytes again with the same result. I've looked at what's on the computer (using Autoruns) and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Things I've tried:

Reseating components on the MB

Replacing the BIOS backup battery

System restore

I haven't run chkdisk yet but I guess it's worth trying with the /f option.

I removed and reinstalled Malwarebytes last night before reading your reply but have not tested it yet, but my gut feeling is that there is a problem with it as my other software isn't crashing the system, well not yet anyway. :)