Weird Things Happening To Windows XP

Bobc11

errorxgr.png

On my computer, whenever a program crashes, I get the regular "Encountered A Problem" message than I get that windows 2000 Looking dialogue (Shown Above!), anyone else have this happen?

Do you have Visual Basic?

Looks like it may be an error from or related to that program....

Edited by mountaintree16

Well you showed the example of VB so that's why I said that :)

Sounds like some programs were broken and/or are not installed properly. Did you use a registry cleaner at all?

You should try uninstalling, rebooting, and then re-install any programs that are doing this.

It's not exactly normal for this to be happening all the time and on multiple programs. You should actually probably post in the PC Help Forum :)

Well you showed the example of VB so that's why I said that :)

Sounds like some programs were broken and/or are not installed properly. Did you use a registry cleaner at all?

You should try uninstalling, rebooting, and then re-install any programs that are doing this.

It's not exactly normal for this to be happening all the time and on multiple programs. You should actually probably post in the PC Help Forum :)

Oh Ok, No I dont use a reg cleaner, it aslo happens with virtual box and update.exe But do you have any idea why it shows up in windows 2000 style program error in windows XP??

P.S. Can someone move this topic to PC Help?

http://www.google.com/#q="has+generated+errors+and+will+be+closed+by+windows"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303728

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326612

It indeed is a Windows 2000 error and it appears to come from its debugger. Did you have Windows 2000 previously installed on that machine and then upgraded it? Did you install any software for Windows 2000?

http://www.google.com/#q="has+generated+errors+and+will+be+closed+by+windows"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303728

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326612

It indeed is a Windows 2000 error and it appears to come from its debugger. Did you have Windows 2000 previously installed on that machine and then upgraded it? Did you install any software for Windows 2000?

No, I have never, ever upgraded this machine. It was a fresh reinstall of xp the last time I installed an OS. This machine is designed for XP and has a XP Pro COA. This error appears from whenever a program crashes, either after I click the "Dont send" button on the xp error message, or just instead of it.:blink:

No, I have never, ever upgraded this machine. It was a fresh reinstall of xp the last time I installed an OS. This machine is designed for XP and has a XP Pro COA. This error appears from whenever a program crashes, either after I click the "Dont send" button on the xp error message, or just instead of it.:blink:

That's really weird. What's the output of the following commands?

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug"
reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path"

I was confused on weather to remove the Your image file here without a path or not... so I did once, and did it one time not.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

Z:\>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug"

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
Auto REG_SZ 1
Debugger REG_SZ drwtsn32 -p %ld -e %ld -g
UserDebuggerHotKey REG_DWORD 0x0

Z:\>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Exec
ution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path"

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execu
tion Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger REG_SZ ntsd -d
GlobalFlag REG_SZ 0x000010F0

Z:\>reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Exec
ution Options\"

! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execu
tion Options

tion Options\apitrap.dll

tion Options\ASSTE.dll

tion Options\AVSTE.dll

tion Options\Cleanup.dll

tion Options\cqw32.exe

tion Options\divx.dll

tion Options\divxdec.ax

tion Options\DJSMAR00.dll

tion Options\DRMINST.dll

tion Options\enc98.EXE

tion Options\EncodeDivXExt.dll

tion Options\EncryptPatchVer.dll

tion Options\front.exe

tion Options\fullsoft.dll

tion Options\GBROWSER.DLL

tion Options\htmlmarq.ocx

tion Options\htmlmm.ocx

tion Options\install.exe

tion Options\ishscan.dll

tion Options\ISSTE.dll

tion Options\javai.dll

tion Options\jvm.dll

tion Options\jvm_g.dll

tion Options\main123w.dll

tion Options\mngreg32.exe

tion Options\msci_uno.dll

tion Options\mscoree.dll

tion Options\mscorsvr.dll

tion Options\mscorwks.dll

tion Options\msjava.dll

tion Options\mso.dll

tion Options\NAVOPTRF.dll

tion Options\NeVideoFX.dll

tion Options\NPMLIC.dll

tion Options\NSWSTE.dll

tion Options\photohse.EXE

tion Options\PMSTE.dll

tion Options\ppw32hlp.dll

tion Options\printhse.EXE

tion Options\prwin8.EXE

tion Options\ps80.EXE

tion Options\psdmt.exe

tion Options\qfinder.EXE

tion Options\qpw.EXE

tion Options\salwrap.dll

tion Options\setup.exe

tion Options\setup32.dll

tion Options\sevinst.exe

tion Options\symlcnet.dll

tion Options\tcore_ebook.dll

tion Options\TFDTCTT8.DLL

tion Options\ua80.EXE

tion Options\udtapi.dll

tion Options\ums.dll

tion Options\vb40032.dll

tion Options\vbe6.dll

tion Options\wpwin8.EXE

tion Options\xlmlEN.dll

tion Options\xwsetup.EXE

tion Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path

tion Options\_INSTPGM.EXE

Z:\>

Got another idea... When you get that error message, open task manager and see if anything is unusual.

As for the sig, where's the typo? I don't see any... :mellow:

The quote doesn't have the best wording, but it's a quote, so I kept it as it originally was.

Got another idea... When you get that error message, open task manager and see if anything is unusual.

As for the sig, where's the typo? I don't see any... :mellow:

The quote doesn't have the best wording, but it's a quote, so I kept it as it originally was.

It says ROM instead of ram... Unless that was intentional.

Oh that's intentional, it's a quote from a page with computer stupidities. haha

Ok....:blink: Btw... I got one of those errors for firefox and for VPC32.EXE

And whats up with update.exe?

"update.exe" can be from anything... Did you try searching your hard drive for it?

OMG... SO... MANY... UPDATE.EXE... *SCREAM* (Anyway) I searched it and it came up with 122 items.

Found the once causing the problem. It's in software distribution. Hmm....

newbitmapimagerg.png

And just to make sure, I ran it a couple more times. BTW, It showed the "Has encountered a problem" box first.

newbitmapimage2q.png

Qq43S.png

Dr. Watson, just as I thought... It's the Windows debugger. But why is it spitting out the Windows 2000 error message, I don't know. Maybe a modified setting. I wouldn't worry too much about this anymore though, if it's really the debugger doing that.