Google Redirect

Hi,

I've been having my google searches redirected to random webpages (I believe its the cause of the TDSS rootkit?). I ran a scan using Malwarebytes, and it detected several infections. I deleted the items, and ran another Malwarebytes scan, and it detected even more infections :blink: . I tried a few other suggestions I found on the internet (including some I found on this forum), like Hitman Pro 3.5, and tdsskiller. After running these programs, I did another Malwarebytes scan, and it detected one infected file. I ran another program called Gooredfix, and subsequent scans detected no infected files. I'd like to know if I have completely removed the malware from my system. Could someone help me with that? I'm not quite sure what logs to post, please advise.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could someone help me confirm that the virus has been completely removed. I've done a few more scans using Hitman Pro 3.5, Malwarebytes, and Avira AntiVir, none of which reported any detections but Hitman Pro 3.5 (detected MBR Trojan? :unsure: ), so I'm still a little worried. Please let me know what scans or logs I need to provide.

Thank you.

Hello kprime and welcome to Malwarebytes! :welcome:

I am D-FRED-BROWN and I will be helping you. :)

Please print or save this topic: it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.

-------------

Please do the following:

• Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your Desktop.

NOTE: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed

There shouldn't be any scheduled antivirus scans running while the scan is being performed.

Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

[*]Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.

[*]A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.

[*]Notepad will open with the results.

[*]Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.

[*]Close the program window, and delete the program from your Desktop.

-------------

Please download to your Desktop:

• TDSSKiller.zip from here and extract it (right click on it => "Extract here").

>>> TDSSKiller: Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application.

• Click on the Start Scan button and wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue tdsskiller2.png
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue tdsskiller3.png
  • If you are asked to reboot the computer to complete the process, click on the Reboot Now button. A report will be automatically saved at the root of the System drive ((usually C:\) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt" (for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt). Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file will appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

In your next reply, please include the following (you may need to use two posts to get it all in):

• TDSSKiller_log.txt
how the PC is running now?
-------------
Please do the following:
  • Please download aswMBR.exe from here and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. (Vista - Win 7 Rt click to run as Administrator)
  • Click Scan
  • Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your Desktop, and post that log in your next reply. Do NOT attempt any Fix at this time!
  • This will also create a file on your Desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To->Compressed (zipped) folder. Attach that zipped folder in your next reply as well.

-------------

Please download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

-------------

In your next reply, please include:

• DDS log
  • TDSSKiller log
  • aswMBR log and MBR.dat Zip file
  • Security Check checkup.txt

How is your computer running now?

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!