Questions about upgrading to MBAM Pro

I'm considering upgrading to MBAM Pro and I've got a few questions:

1. Is MBAM Pro completely software from the free version so that I would need to UNinstall the free version before installing the Pro version?

2. I do maintenance on a friend's laptop about once a week and she has sort-of broadband access (via Cricket) which is somewhat unreliable so I copy the rules.ref file to a flash drive so that just in case I can't get online at her place I can copy a more current version of rules.ref to her laptop before running a scan. Is rules.ref file the same for both the Pro and the free versions?

3. Other questions I should ask before taking the plunge? '-}]

Thanks!

Terrie

1. Is MBAM Pro completely software from the free version so that I would need to UNinstall the free version before installing the Pro version?

It's the same software, so all you'll need to do once you purchase the PRO version is to open the software and click on the Register button and enter the ID and Key that you're sent after purchase. You'll then be able to enable the realtime protection and schedule any updates and scans you'd like using the Scheduler.

2. I do maintenance on a friend's laptop about once a week and she has sort-of broadband access (via Cricket) which is somewhat unreliable so I copy the rules.ref file to a flash drive so that just in case I can't get online at her place I can copy a more current version of rules.ref to her laptop before running a scan. Is rules.ref file the same for both the Pro and the free versions?

Yes, the PRO version uses the same database as the free version so you can still transfer rules.ref if needed for your friend's computer.

>>It's the same software, so all you'll need to do once you purchase the PRO version is to open the software and click on the Register button and enter the ID and Key that you're sent after purchase.

Excellent!!!

>>Yes, the PRO version uses the same database as the free version so you can still transfer rules.ref if needed for your friend's computer.

Even better...I'd been holding off on upgrading as I'd not gotten around to ask about this...

Thank you very much for your quick reply and helpful answers...

Terrie