Won't boot after Malwarebytes

Hafiii

Hi all, Unfortunately i found this forum AFTER my problems. I was recently infected with a "scareware" (i think that's what i've seen it called) virus. During my research i saw that Malawarebytes was the best at removing it. I downloaded the free version and ran it. It removed 7 or 8 issues and i was happy again. 2 days later i ran it again and found 1 issue. It needed to restart to finish and when it did it will no longer boot up. Gives an error message; "Windows could not restart because of an error in the software". "Please report this problem as: load needed DLLs kernel". "Please contact your support person to report this problem". When i hit F8 to get to safe mode/last known good config the screen will come up but will not let me use my arrow keys to highlight it or my enter key. When i load the XP disc to try to fix that way it says, "Hit any key to boot from disc" but i've hit every key and it times out and still tries to boot regular (basically not recognizing any key stroke). I've seen on other post that computer info is needed or helpful so here is that:

Dell desktop pc - GX270 Optiplex

Windows XP Home - licensed copy with disc in hand

Access to 2nd pc to help with fix

Any help/ideas would be MUCH appreciated.

Hafiii

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1

Thanks for the warm welcome and speedy reply. As i am new here i 'm not exactly sure how this works. I thought i had posted in the proper place. My computer won't power up so i thought "pc help". If i'm in the wrong area please let me know.

Also being new, it "appears" the forum is made up of mostly Malwarebytes staff that offer help/assistance to common problems. Feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken. If not i'd like to put a call out to Exile360. When i found this forum i read thru some posts to try to get my question answered before i made a similar post. Several i read were assisted by Exile360 and he seemed to do an outstanding job and really knew his "stuff". Don't get me wrong, i'm sure everyone there is VERY qualified and i'll be happy with any help i can get but i was more then impressed with the problems he handled.

Anyway, if i need to move this over to malware removal, just let me know. Or if that was just a generic reply and i just need to be patient and wait, i can do that also.

Thanks again,

Hafiii

Yes you are correct, exile360 is quite good at what he does. You will find that there are plenty of qualified and eager to help folks here on the forum. Some more active than others, but all with their own expertise and style.

You should continue this topic in the malware removal forum so you can get help from one of the experts. They will help you get your computer back to working order.

Hey Firefox, Just a quick question on the computer side of this......Any thoughts on how i can get this thing to boot up? I am now able to access my XP recovery console from my windows disc (which i couldn't before). Ran chkdsk and fixboot but still no luck. Also can access my F8 page now and tried to start in safe mode and last known good config but nothing. Still a "load needed DLLs kernel" error message. Or if you think this is all in the same problem as the virus i'll take it to the new post. Just wanted to ask in case you had a little trick up your sleeve (smile). Thanks, Hafiii

Ohh, trying in safe mode i get additional info above my error message and 3 of the 4 lines are .dll.

hal.dll

KDCOM.DLL

BOOTVID.dll