A Few Problems with Malwarebytes

I need some help with at least 2 problems I have had with Malwarebytes. I will tell you the first one:

1. I cannot update. For some reason malwarebytes will not let me check for updates. I cannot push the button for it. It will not let me push the button. Then when the program gives me the option of updating after the database is outdated by 7 days I try, but something is wrong with it. I keep getting this error message from Malwarebytes:

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (5,0, Create File)

Access denied.

I do not understand the problem. I would really appreciate your help.

2. I did a full system scan of the c drive, d, drive, and e and f drives on my computer. 201 files were infected with an adware called "MyWebsearch." My antivirus program has detected and removed some of it's files before, and finally my antivirus removed the dll created by the adware toolbar, but malwarebytes scanned the computer and found 201 files infected with it (It also previously found a trojan vundo hidden on my computer which was not detected by my antivirus which is great). After I had the adware deleted and rebooted my computer something strange happened. After the 201 files had the adware deleted I could not log into my user account on my computer. A notice appeared that read something like this:

"An unauthorized change has been made to windows." Then it put me into limited functionality where I could not access my desktop at all. I could go online, but that was about it. I was able to access my desktop in safe mode, and use a system restore to get my computer back to normal, but now when I go to quarantine I see those same 201 files there. Should I delete them, or just leave them there? How can I avoid this problem again?

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

1. The first problem is probably due to the fact that you are trying to udpate Malwarebytes using a limited account. You require Admin rights to update it. You could always right click on the Icon and select Run as Administrator and when the program opens then you should be able to update it.

2. If all you have in the quarantine tab is the items if found for mywebsearch, it is safe to delete all those items. As for what cause it to not let you log back on, it was probably due to some of the changes the malware did to your computer....

If you want to make sure that you are fully clean and no longer infected follow the instructions below....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1