7zip Malware stops executables from running and malwarebytes from updating

7zip Malware  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was following http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=19933 because I have a similar issue. Malware Bytes produces an error (see attachment) when it tries to update. Other programs I try running also produce similar results and I typically get an "Access Denied" error. To Clear the water on the Admin rights, I am set with admin rights, I dont have exclusive denials set, no noticiably foreign processes are running in the background or foreground. I ran both McAfee VSE 8.8i (Virus Scan Enterprise) with latest dats installed and Malwarebytes with latests updates. The work around for running programs is booting into safemode and running them. I also had an issue where my homepage kept changing to something I cant recall at the moment. That was also fixed once I ran both scans in safe mode and manually modified the registry entry for the home page. Which that is yet another thing, trying to do this running windows normally, I get some access denied error as well. If pictures of these errors would help besides the one attached, please let me know and I can produce them.

Please advise, this is really annoying. I want to reframe from doing a restore if possible. I have not tried reinstalling Malwarebytes because I dont have enough data that would indicate this as a solution.

I will reply to this with some logs files shortly

post-76650-0-55629200-1302750034.png

I was following http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=19933 because I have a similar issue. Malware Bytes produces an error (see attachment) when it tries to update. Other programs I try running also produce similar results and I typically get an "Access Denied" error. To Clear the water on the Admin rights, I am set with admin rights, I dont have exclusive denials set, no noticiably foreign processes are running in the background or foreground. I ran both McAfee VSE 8.8i (Virus Scan Enterprise) with latest dats installed and Malwarebytes with latests updates. The work around for running programs is booting into safemode and running them. I also had an issue where my homepage kept changing to something I cant recall at the moment. That was also fixed once I ran both scans in safe mode and manually modified the registry entry for the home page. Which that is yet another thing, trying to do this running windows normally, I get some access denied error as well. If pictures of these errors would help besides the one attached, please let me know and I can produce them.

Please advise, this is really annoying. I want to reframe from doing a restore if possible. I have not tried reinstalling Malwarebytes because I dont have enough data that would indicate this as a solution.

I will reply to this with some logs files shortly

Appearantly, What I did above correct the issue. The problem went away and I am not sure which one of these tasks I performed corrected the issue, BUT the issue is resolved non the less.

I am leaving this post up because this may help someone in the future

Cheers :-)