Problem with Malwarebytes scan

START - RUN copy / paste this into the box and click OK

CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30

Make sure you close ALL applications before running this as it will restart your computer and run a Disk Check automatically.

Well, in the meantime can I get some more info? Are you running Vista 32 bit or 64 bit? What other security software do you have installed? Are you able to complete a quick scan with Malwarebytes' or does that freeze as well?

I am running 32 bit Vista, and a quick scan goes as normal. (Antivirus = AVG)

START - RUN copy / paste this into the box and click OK
CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30

Make sure you close ALL applications before running this as it will restart your computer and run a Disk Check automatically.

I did what you told but it just restarted my computer, I saw nothing else happen

I did what you told but it just restarted my computer, I saw nothing else happen

Could be because of UAC. Go to Computer (formerly My Computer in XP) and right click on your C drive and click Properties. Go to the Tools tab and under Error Checking click the Check Now button, a UAC alert will come up, just click Continue. Once the little Check Disk window comes up make sure that there's a check mark next to Automatically fix file system errors and click on Start. Another window will pop up telling you it can't be run because it's in use and will present the option to schedule it when the computer is restarted, click the Schedule disk check button. Save anything you're working on and reboot. After you reboot the disk check will run, go ahead and log in after it's done and try running the full scan again.

Could be because of UAC. Go to Computer (formerly My Computer in XP) and right click on your C drive and click Properties. Go to the Tools tab and under Error Checking click the Check Now button, a UAC alert will come up, just click Continue. Once the little Check Disk window comes up make sure that there's a check mark next to Automatically fix file system errors and click on Start. Another window will pop up telling you it can't be run because it's in use and will present the option to schedule it when the computer is restarted, click the Schedule disk check button. Save anything you're working on and reboot. After you reboot the disk check will run, go ahead and log in after it's done and try running the full scan again.

I tried to scan again after I did what u told me, but the problem still exists

Well, now, I wrote down the file: c:/program files/common files/Ahead/Lib/NeroPreview/default/ ... and after this there ar 4 different things two of them are play hot and pause pushed with after them '.png'

I tried to scan again after I did what u told me, but the problem still exists

Well, now, I wrote down the file: c:/program files/common files/Ahead/Lib/NeroPreview/default/ ... and after this there ar 4 different things two of them are play hot and pause pushed with after them '.png'

Alright, I've got an idea. Go to the folder NeroPreview and right click on the default folder and click Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and tell me if it scans it successfully or not.

Alright, I've got an idea. Go to the folder NeroPreview and right click on the default folder and click Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and tell me if it scans it successfully or not.

The same thing happens, it scans the 4 files whole the time.

So it doesn't scan succesfully

(BTW the counting of files continues)

It definitely sounds like it's an issue with those files. I know it's a pain, but I would try uninstalling Nero and then reinstalling it to see if that fixes it. If not, let us know. BTW, what version of Nero is installed?

Well, the nero program was installed standard when I bought this computer (1 July), in the beginning when I installed Malwarbytes I didnt have that issue.

Version: Nero 7 Essentials

Unbelievable, I have the same version of Nero installed on my pc. I'm thinking one or more of the files in that folder is corrupted on your PC because I can scan mine just fine. Please copy the text here from Raid's post: CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30 and paste it into notepad, then save the file as checkdisk.bat and save it to your desktop be sure to select the drop down that says save as type and select all files, this will make sure it isn't saved as a normal text file. When done, right click the file you created and click Run as administrator and click Continue at the UAC prompt. It will reboot your computer so save anything you're working on. Once it finishes and you log back in, try right clicking the default folder again and clicking Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Let me know how it goes.

Unbelievable, I have the same version of Nero installed on my pc. I'm thinking one or more of the files in that folder is corrupted on your PC because I can scan mine just fine. Please copy the text here from Raid's post: CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /F | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30 and paste it into notepad, then save the file as checkdisk.bat and save it to your desktop be sure to select the drop down that says save as type and select all files, this will make sure it isn't saved as a normal text file. When done, right click the file you created and click Run as administrator and click Continue at the UAC prompt. It will reboot your computer so save anything you're working on. Once it finishes and you log back in, try right clicking the default folder again and clicking Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Let me know how it goes.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled Nero 7 Essentials and when I ran a complete scan now it worked like it was the first time :)

And when I scan the folder apart, it finishes succesfully

So this issue is fixed, thank you very much for your help, now I can use Malwarebytes properly again.

Excellent, glad it finally got fixed. I figured one of those files was corrupted and that was causing the error. To be on the safe side in case your hard drive is going bad you should back up all your important data to an external hard drive or some blank CD's or DVD's. Be sure and grab all your favorites from IE or FireFox and back up your Outlook data to a .pst file. By the way, generally speaking it is unnecessary to do full scans with Malwarebytes' because it is designed to find all the malware that it has in it's definitions using the quick scan. There's no harm in full scans of course, but it could save you some time, but hey at the worst this saved you from having errors running Nero :) Good luck and safe surfing.