Rundll.exe error in XP

pieces

I have a rundll.exe error which does not allow me to change my desktop wall paper. When I choose a particular image and say OK the Display program hangs. I have downloaded and run a scan with Malware, no joy. I have run a SFC scan with the Windows XP disk inserted which did not help. I also manually copied the rundll from the windows disc into the Sys32 folder. No joy at all! Please help.

Regards

Tony

When I got the error the 1st thing I did was download Malwarebytes and run a scan. Some malware was detected which I removed, at no other stage did I remove any rundll file. I have re-updated the Malwarebytes software and am running a repeat scan. Will follow up when that is complete.

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Since you stated that you had an infection and removed them, it is possible that some of the infection is still left behind. I recommend you seek assistance from the experts to take a look at your logs to see if they can help you with the remainder of the cleanup.... Please follow the instructions below.....

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1