Broken.OpenCommand

Hello,

Im having a bit of a problem with a couple of reg entrys found by malwarebytes 1.50.1.1100 database 6089

The scan completes and I attempt to remove the items, malware tells me it needs to reboot I say yes and it reboots, UAC tells me on reeboot that malwarebytes wants to open to finish the job and nothing happens. I wait a couple of minutes check task man to see if mbam is running and its not, I do another full scan and the same items are found again casuing me to remove again and reboot again, going through the same process.

here is the reg path: from mbam logs

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S)

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: (regedit.exe "%1")

can some offer some advice please

kind regards

Sal.

Hello and :welcome:

Take a look at this thread HERE it may be the same issue you are having.....

thank you kind sir,

thats exactly what I have & ive just installed iolo system mech too

strangly as Ive just done another scan the items have not been detected this time.

Perhaps if I start iolo up and it tells me that there are 2 reg vunrebilities and it changes them and then Mbam detects them again that confirms the conflict between the 2 bits of software, well perhaps not a conflict just a diffrence of opinion when the software was coded.

what iolo class as a security vunrability and what mbam monitors for potential dangerous chages.

regards

Sal.