Internet Security Solution

jch02140

Anti-virus solution  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am curious if anyone would have a few opinions on the following internet security solutions. I have tried NIS2011 and KIS2011 but found problems with them... I am currently using only MSE along with Malwarebyte' Antimalware and Spybot but thinking of switching MSE...

NIS2010/NIS2011:

I seems to can't get intrusion detection to active and it apparently crashed my IE with the Norton IE plugin (which I disabled)

KIS2011:

Too slow and resource eating monster

I have found the following but not sure how effective they are in the firewall, catching viruses and preventing intrusions...

• Comodo Internet Security Pro2011
  • Avira Premium Security Suite
  • ESET NOD32 Smart Security 4
  • BitDefender Total Security 2011
  • F-Secure Internet Security 2011
  • AVG Internet Security 2011
  • Panda Global Protection 2011
  • avast! Internet Security 6
  • TrendMicro Titanium Maximum Security

• Root Admin
KIS2011:

Too slow and resource eating monster

Norton AV used to be a pig on resources but that is not the case now days. I run it on 2 computers with not issues and it works well with MBAM as well.

In many tests from many locations and researchers Symantec, Kaspersky, and ESET/NOD32 are often among the best at detecting and removing infections.

Though often personal preference often comes into the story when selecting an AV product.

However, our product is NOT an Anti-Virus product and you do need to select and install one if you really want to keep your system safer.