Current Database not supported by this version of Malwarebytes

From 1 to 4 times a week for the past 6 months I have to uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes to get it to run after receiving an error message that says "MBAM Service has terminated unexpectedly".

However, today after this message when I reinstalled MBAM I got the message "The current database is not supported by this version of Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Please download the latest version

of the program." The installer I have is for version 1.50.1.1100 and I have been unable to locate a later version of the program. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 and also run Avast Internet

Security. I really would like to get MBAM up and running again. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello and :welcome:

Lets make sure that Malwarebytes gets removed correctly, then we can re-install it. Once it is reinstalled, follow the instructions below to get the Malwarebytes files exclueded in your Avast Anti-virus....

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Now exclude the files below in your Avast Anti-Virus....

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software (not sure what version of you are using):

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

I'm also getting the message "The current database is not supported by this version of Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Please download the latest version of the program."

I'm running MBAM on a few PCs. They all auto-update and run version 1.50.1.1100

However, on one PC on startup I now get the above message. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with Kaspersky IS 2011.

Since the same startup when I started getting the MBAM message, KIS2011 also started giving application warnings. It didn't identify a virus (or other) just that restricted applications were attempting to run trusted applications... which, of course, I blocked.

Anyway, as I have suspicious activity on my PC I just wondered if the MBAM message could be caused by malware before I attempted to re-install it.

PS. I'm currently running a full KIS2011 anti-virus scan and want to run a full MBAM scan asap too.

krumike Yes you should have started your own thread....

Since you have suspicious activity please follow the instructions below...

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1

Thanks Firefox.

I will remember to start a new thread next time. :)

Before I saw your reply I decided to download mbam-clean.exe and mbam-setup-1.50.1.1100.exe from an unaffected PC so that I could move them over on a clean flash-drive.

So, I successfully uninstalled MBAM and re-installed it, registered it again, downloaded the latest database, and ran a quick and full scan. There was just one nirsoft program identified in the full scan (which I ignored as I know why its there).

So, as KIS2011 found nothing and MBAM is working again now and found nothing, I'm going to swap over to the Kaspersky forums and find out why I've started getting warning messages about restricted applications running trusted applications. I need to get that sorted now as I'm not sure whats happening.

However, the question remains... what caused MBAM to give up protecting my PC?

I may come back to that later (with some more information about what was happening on the PC).

If I do, I will start a new thread and refer to this one. :)

Thanks again.