Update error (0,0,SHRegGetPath)

Hello,

I just installed the most recent version of MBAM (1.50.1.1100), and when I

try to update it, I get the following error message:

"PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (0,0,SHRegGetPath)"

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this?

Thanks!!

Sony Vaio FS 570 laptop

Windows XP Version 5.1 Service Pack 3

MBAM version 1.50.1.1100

1 gigabyte of RAM

Using a router

Previously ran un-updated version of MBAM and seem to have eliminated all malware

Previously ran un-updated version of MBAM and seem to have eliminated all malware

Hi and welcome, Coolidge:

Sorry you are having trouble updating.

There are many possible explanations for that, most of which are easily resolved.

However, your mention of having just cleaned your system of malware suggests the possibility that there are still traces of infection on the machine.

So, the best bet for now -- until someone more expert comes along -- is to have one of the experts check your system for infection remnants.

Alas, we do not work on malware removal in this particular forum.

Instructions on how to proceed are posted in the 2nd Important Topic pinned at the top of this forum: "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?".

To summarize:

Free, expert assistance can be found at the malware removal-HJT forum.

Please go to this page, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=69723

Then please post your logs by starting a new thread here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=7

One of the trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds; allow 24-48 hours before bumping your thread.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you may wish to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org, or by using one of the other support options here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/premium-support.php

Also, please use the "Add Reply" button when replying here & at the other boards, so that it will be easier for everyone to follow the thread.

Hope this helps a bit,

daledoc1

Hello coolidge,

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from HERE
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.