Not sure what action to take if any.

My computer runs fine so I have no reason to think that it has any malware problems but I downloaded the free malwarebytes yesterday and it came up with 8 threats which are now in quarantine. I know from looking round forums that it can be dodgy to just delete these files. Ive just changed my av to mse from avg free due to numerous comments on the web and that found a couple of java files it didnt like but nothing of real concern. Should I risk deleting the quarantined items?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5450

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

04/01/2011 10:59:39

mbam-log-2011-01-04 (10-59-39).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 170241

Time elapsed: 26 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 4

Registry Values Infected: 2

Registry Data Items Infected: 2

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{2AA2FBF8-9C76-4E97-A226-25C5F4AB6358} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{2AA2FBF8-9C76-4E97-A226-25C5F4AB6358} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6FD31ED6-7C94-4BBC-8E95-F927F4D3A949} (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{D95C7240-0282-4C01-93F5-673BCA03DA86} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{90B8B761-DF2B-48AC-BBE0-BCC03A819B3B} (Adware.Zango) -> Value: {90B8B761-DF2B-48AC-BBE0-BCC03A819B3B} -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser\{90B8B761-DF2B-48AC-BBE0-BCC03A819B3B} (Adware.Zango) -> Value: {90B8B761-DF2B-48AC-BBE0-BCC03A819B3B} -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!

If it has to do with Malwarebytes program itself you can post it here, we can direct you to the right locations if this is not the right section.

If it has to do with the removal of an infection, we normally deal with that in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs Section

In that section we have experts that help with the removal of malware. Only the experts and authorized persons can post and answer in that section, so you are sure that you are getting ONLY the BEST advice. The items you had were not serious so I went ahead and answered your question here, instead of sending you there, but only in this case.

If it has to do with Malwarebytes program itself you can post it here, we can direct you to the right locations if this is not the right section.

If it has to do with the removal of an infection, we normally deal with that in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs Section

In that section we have experts that help with the removal of malware. Only the experts and authorized persons can post and answer in that section, so you are sure that you are getting ONLY the BEST advice. The items you had were not serious so I went ahead and answered your question here, instead of sending you there, but only in this case.

Again much thanks