Edit and reduce the size of the images.

Guest name cool

Guest name cool

If it's time for change in an attempt to change my profile picture but I can not it! I think it's because of the size of the image. I wonder how can I reduce the size of images?

M' Anti-M Free use. XP SP 3

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Most image viewers will have a Resize option somewhere in the menu, I use XnView and it has a simple Resize as well as many other handy tools.

If you intend to do bulk resizing then PicResizer might be what you want.

If you want a screencapture program that will also resize, crop, add text etc to any image then FastStone Capture (free version) is great. It's portable so just run it from a folder.

There's a powertoy for your XP that works nicely without the need for any third party software :lol:

PowerToys add fun and functionality to the Windows experience. What are they? PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released.

Note: We take great care to ensure that PowerToys work as they should, but they are not part of Windows and are not supported by Microsoft. For this reason, Microsoft Technical Support is unable to answer questions about PowerToys. PowerToys are for Windows XP only and will not work with Windows Vista.

Image Resizer powertoy

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

there's 14 powertoys on that page, the Image Resizer is the one your looking for

Guest name cool
Most image viewers will have a Resize option somewhere in the menu, I use XnView and it has a simple Resize as well as many other handy tools.

If you intend to do bulk resizing then PicResizer might be what you want.

If you want a screencapture program that will also resize, crop, add text etc to any image then FastStone Capture (free version) is great. It's portable so just run it from a folder.

Look

Pretty much as it says, just select the new size and drag the image or images (Ctrl+Click or Ctrl+Shift) to the PicResizer face. By default the new image will be called the original name with small at the beginning. EG: Baby Photo becomes small Baby Photo

It is handy if you have uploaded images from your camera to your computer and there are some/many that you want to email to family and friends, the original size will probably take an eternity to upload and send so reducing the size is a good idea. This will decrease the quality but for happy snaps it is usually good enough. Granny is just interested in the smile in the photo not the format of the image :P

There is also the online Pic Resize (no relation) that can resize single or batch images and also lets you save as JPG or PNG or GIF but that will be slower and depend on your feelings on using online resources.