Start Protection Module

I've been using Malwarebytes for several weeks and it started automatically every time. Starting a few days ago I logged on and got an error message. I uploaded a screenshot. It's error code 1460. Malwarebytes doesn't load and when I open it and go to the Protection folder the Protection Module is disabled and I have to turn it on manually.

Has anyone had this problem?

post-4598-1224460140_thumb.jpg

post-4598-1224460140_thumb.jpg

I have same problem and same version, MBAM protection not start with Windows. I noticed that MBAMservise is stopped and if I trying to start it I got this error (sorry, it is in Finnish)

Hi,

I just logged on and MBAM protection was not enabled, but I looked at the updates tab and there was a message:

10/16/08 Version 1.29 released. A reinstall is strongly suggested.

I'm already running 1.29 could this be an update to 1.29? I'm thinking I might have to download it again and reinstall it. Will try later, I have to go out now.

Hi,

I just logged on and MBAM protection was not enabled, but I looked at the updates tab and there was a message:

I'm already running 1.29 could this be an update to 1.29? I'm thinking I might have to download it again and reinstall it. Will try later, I have to go out now.

I have the same problem with this newest release, and also noticed the message at the bottom of the update tab. I uninstalled MBAM v1.29, then re-installed. But the problem persists. Does anyone know what this error message means and how to fix it?? :)

Error Message is as follows: "[shell_NotifyIcon] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 1460"

Hi,

That means you should have reinstalled from 1.28 to 1.29. There has been an update yesterday that should fix this. It did for me. Uninstall and download again from Download.com and see if it all works. Let us know please. :)

I have the same problem with this newest release, and also noticed the message at the bottom of the update tab. I uninstalled MBAM v1.29, then re-installed. But the problem persists. Does anyone know what this error message means and how to fix it?? :)

Error Message is as follows: "[shell_NotifyIcon] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 1460"

Please try updating MBAM and see if it doesn't fix this.

Jean,

The instructions I told you were only specific to your problem. We will be releasing version 1.30 shortly that resolves this issue. Please spread the word to the other threads.

Marcin,

Is there an approximate time frame for the release of v1.30? And will this be an automatic upgrade, or will I have to uninstall and re-install MBAM?

Thanks for getting the word out that the fix is in the works. :)

That means you should have reinstalled from 1.28 to 1.29. There has been an update yesterday that should fix this. It did for me. Uninstall and download again from Download.com and see if it all works. Let us know please. :)

I had the same problem so I uninstalled v 1.29 and then reinstalled but still had the same problem.

So I uninstalled again went into regedit and removed malwarebytes from the registry.

I then rebooted reinstalled mbam v 1.29 inserted ID and Serial and now it works fine.

Note if you don't remove registry entries then mbam will not work properly for you.

make sure you have your reg details before you edit the registry as you will need them to register your mbam.

Hi,

I uninstalled MBAM last nite and downloaded and reinstalled.

I just got home from work and logged on and MBAM loaded automatically.

Thanks - I love the software.