Lightweight browser

Guest Bomb123

Guest Bomb123

Hello i have come to an conclusion that internet explorer or firefox are not good choices for old computer. In firefox especially the plugin container takes lot's of memory. So is there any browsers that would not use so much memory?

Hello i have come to an conclusion that internet explorer or firefox are not good choices for old computer. In firefox especially the plugin container takes lot's of memory. So is there any browsers that would not use so much memory?

Flash Peak Slim Browser runs on Win98 on up.. try it.. http://slimbrowser.flashpeak.com/en/

Very low overhead..

ScreenHunter_01Nov231433.jpg

~Shy

It's a microsoft windows xp professional sp3, Intel pentium 3 processor, 547 Mhz, 512 mb of ram...

So what would be the best security program for that kind of computer and also the browser and other things... I have this 3g internet stick that i use for internet connection and my usb is only 1.0 so it's not a high speed usb... Is ghostwall any good and what av would be good for this old and slow computer? Is there an adware in the ghtostwall? Thank you in advance!

Did you try it with both Browsers on your System ?

You can also test the other advises, too.

PS: I mean FF, and IE8.0.

PSS: And with witch Browser you are typing here now ?

MAM

Guest Bomb123

Thanks for the replies maybe i try the slim browser or orca browser or maybe both. Allthough i got my cpu usage to drop to some 30-40 from the 100 % after uninstalling emsisoft a2 free, it's service was taking lot's memory. I have comodo antivirus and i dont know about if it have the firewall with it or something then i also have Rising pc doctor and spywareblaster and mbam and super antispyware. In the Comodo site it said it's antivirus and firewall but i quess it's just an antivirus with some hips or something like that and using the windows firewall it's hard to control the outbound traffic from computer. I have mainly used firefox and sometimes internet explorer but because i have heard all those horror stories about internet explorer i rather not use it.

Some videos...

North Korea attack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDEbmD2q-YI

North Korea tv shows missile launch

muerteblanca6.jpg