How much memory does background MBAM take?

I use the free MBAM scanner, and find it good.

Currently I am using Windows Defender as my background (real-time) anti-apyware app. However, I'm thinking of purchasing MBAM, and use its realtime scanner instead.

I'd like to know--with MBAM realtime running in the background, about how much memory is it using? If one clicked ctrl-alt-del, with background MBAM running, how much memory would one see there being used by MBAM processes? Any more that one cannot see there?

Actually, it might be a good idea for you to have a trial version (at least 30 days, full-featured) of the pay version, so people can try before they buy. You might think that the free version is a trial for the pay version, but really it is a diiferent app, since it does not include the realtime scanning. One might like to try the realtime scanning, to see how effective it is, how much memory it uses, whether it has conflicts with other stuff on one's system, , etc., before shelling out the bucks.

Also, regarding the pay version--do you just pay once, and are able to download updates and new definitions forever? Or does one have to renew a "subscription" once a year or whatever?

I use the free MBAM scanner, and find it good.

Currently I am using Windows Defender as my background (real-time) anti-apyware app. However, I'm thinking of purchasing MBAM, and use its realtime scanner instead.

I'd like to know--with MBAM realtime running in the background, about how much memory is it using? If one clicked ctrl-alt-del, with background MBAM running, how much memory would one see there being used by MBAM processes? Any more that one cannot see there?

Actually, it might be a good idea for you to have a trial version (at least 30 days, full-featured) of the pay version, so people can try before they buy. You might think that the free version is a trial for the pay version, but really it is a diiferent app, since it does not include the realtime scanning. One might like to try the realtime scanning, to see how effective it is, how much memory it uses, whether it has conflicts with other stuff on one's system, , etc., before shelling out the bucks.

Also, regarding the pay version--do you just pay once, and are able to download updates and new definitions forever? Or does one have to renew a "subscription" once a year or whatever?

Hi,

I have two processes running (XP3) using about 7.8 Mb together, that is very low.

The paid version is a one-time only pay.

Can't tell you about a trial version, someone from MBAM has to answer this.

I tried MBAM myself in a lot of setups and haven't noticed any probs with other progs, but that is ofcourse my personal experience.

Gerard

With the background MBAM running, there is no need for another background anti-spyware app running, correct? (Although I know it is good to use various on-demand scanners.)

You do, however, recommend having a background anti-virus app running as well, correct? (Isn't there some overlap, however, between what MBAM does and what an antivir program does? Aren't viruses malware?)

Which AV programs also are low on resources used, are good in protection, yet do not find many false positives? (I've had problems with the Symantec corporate, which I currently use (and get free from work), finding and quarantining many false positives, as well as using a lot of memory.)

The paid version is a one-time only pay.

What is this on the purchase page though:

"Extended Download (Available online for 24 months from date of purchase)---$5.95"

That sounds like a year later one has to pay $5.95, in order to continue to download detection updates.

Or, did I misread that? If not, then what is that "extended download"?

OK, hover your cursor over the "I" and it tells you just what that is all about. It's to remotely store a copy of your licensed product. MBAM license is a one time fee of $24.95 USD. If at any time that price rises, I'm willing to bet it will still be honored, that's just how we do business here.