Can't open a website

Hi all, I'm new in the community. I'm using MBAM for a month or so, and must say that I was completely amazed with how secure and efficient it is. Well, all until 3 days ago. That's when I noticed I can't open Tagged. I scanned my machine, quick and complete, for 10+ times, with updated MBAM. And not only that, I tried Spybot Search and Destroy, I tried Spyware Doctor, even scanned whole machine with NOD32v3, restored my system to a previous time... Nothing helped. The oddest thing to me is that I don't get any trouble at all on any other site except on the said Tagged. Is there someone that could help me please? Because I'm running out of ideas.

Maybe it would help to say, I have another computer in a local LAN, and the problem persists on both machines, I have no idea how.

1972vet thanks for your effort :blink: But it really doesn't solve my problem. Leaving aside the argument about "is Tagged good or bad", I can't seem to aproach it, and it is a malware problem, which I will have to solve regardless of what exact website is affected.

And by the way, when I follow your link, I get a "server time-out" error...

JeanInMontana thank you so much for your time and patience. After following your procedure, I finally removed the problem. I can now see the site perfectly. What helped me was the HijackThis log. Apparently, the problem was this entry:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

After fixing this line in HijackThis, the problem was gone.

Anyhow, should I post all of the logs (MBAM, hijackThis, Panda)? Because none of them (Including Spybot S&D and NOD32) reported any malware, not even after multiple updated full scans of the entire computer.

You should never just take action on your own. You got lucky this time. Since you saw no malware I don't need to see no malware. LOL I'll close this up with my normal shpeel and wish you a good day.

Many of these infections can be avoided with an added layer of prevention. All recommended programs are free and easy on system resources. You should install them as part of your protection arsenal. Keep MBAM and Spybot Search & Destroy and always immunize SBS&D when you update. You will also need at least one other scanning program Asquared or SuperAntiSpyware are good and there are several other excellent programs with free and paid versions. Read the overviews of what each program below does so you have an understanding of their importance and how to use.

A firewall and antivirus are also essential. The Windows firewall in XP and Vista is not sufficient.

Preform Windows Updates monthly on the second Tuesday or use automatic updates, and use your scanners weekly at the least. Always update before you scan.

Keep other software known for vulnerabilities updated also. Use the Secunia Inspector free scan to identify risks in outdated versions.

SpywareBlaster from Javacool Software

WinPatrol by BillPStudios

SiteHound by FireTrust

RogueRemover

hpHosts

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must. I use and recommend Online Armor Free

Also the full protection of MBAM is offered at a very low price.

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting into it. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply to your machine. Please start a thread of your own and someone will be happy to help you.