Would like to use just MBAM with an Antivirus!

Yes, that would be fine. Look at Eset (Nod32) anti-virus or I know that Malwarebytes like Avira anti-virus, although I have very little experience with Avira. I'd also suggest a router/firewall for hardware firewall protection. Netgear are a good brand with this.

Avira Antivir

Spybot Search & Destroy Be sure to use the immunize feature.

SpywareBlaster from Javacool Software

WinPatrol by BillPStudios

SiteHound by FireTrust

RogueRemover

hpHosts

The windows firewall is not sufficient to protect. It doesn't monitor outgoing traffic and this is a must. I use and recommend Online Armor Free

Also the full protection of MBAM is offered at a very low price For life in my signature.

You will also need at least one other scanning program Asquared or SuperAntiSpyware are good and there are several other excellent programs with free and paid versions. Read the overviews of what each program below does so you have an understanding of their importance and how to use.

Yes, that would be fine. Look at Eset (Nod32) anti-virus or I know that Malwarebytes like Avira anti-virus, although I have very little experience with Avira. I'd also suggest a router/firewall for hardware firewall protection. Netgear are a good brand with this.

Thank you very much!!

I appreciate your help.

If you have update problems with Avira you can use AVG Free instead :)
I don't have a problem updating MBAM on my old PIII with Avira Antivir Free.

If you have update problems with Avira you can use AVG Free instead :)

Unforunately that can be a problem with all 3 major free AV's (avira, avast, avg) from time to time. The d/l servers can get flooded, usually when there is a major product update in the offing.

In cases like this i update the LVDF (Antivir) here