Update Error

I did read a pinned thread about the 12007 error updating code. I did what the directions said but I'm still getting this error. I've had many malware/windows errors problems over the past week or so but have seemed to remove much of it.

Any help to update MB would be much appreciated!

Here are some steps to diagnose update issues:

Step 1

Please note that if you have a version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware older than 1.46, that it will not be able to connect to our update servers. If you have an outdated version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then please click on
to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors in order to get the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. If that does not resolve the issue, then please continue on to steps 2 thru 5.

Step 2

Click on
and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner.

Step 3

If you use
Norton Internet Security
, and you have the
Add-On Pack
installed, then please note that the Add-On Pack will block the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware update process. Symantec has discontinued support for the Add-On Pack, and they have asked us to recommend to their customers that they uninstall the Add-On Pack and replace it with
. Since Norton Online Family is compatible with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware update process, replacing the Add-On Pack with it will solve any Norton Internet Security related update issues.

Step 4

Please download and run the traceroute utility at
. It will run a traceroute to our update servers to see if it can find the connection issue, and then it will write it to a log, and open that log in Notepad when it is done. Please either save the log as a Text File and then attach it to a reply, or copy and paste it into a reply, and I will forward it on to our server guy.

Note that it may take several minutes to run, and it may look like it is not doing anything for a few minutes. Normally it takes longer when there are errors that it has to log, but it's rare for it to go more than 10 minutes.

We need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like inside the following code box:

mbam.exe:3656	TCP	vista-x64:52135	cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http	ESTABLISHED

Here are some steps to diagnose update issues:

Step 1

Please note that if you have a version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware older than 1.46, that it will not be able to connect to our update servers. If you have an outdated version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then please click on
to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors in order to get the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. If that does not resolve the issue, then please continue on to steps 2 thru 5.

Step 2

Click on
and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner.

Step 3

If you use
Norton Internet Security
, and you have the
Add-On Pack
installed, then please note that the Add-On Pack will block the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware update process. Symantec has discontinued support for the Add-On Pack, and they have asked us to recommend to their customers that they uninstall the Add-On Pack and replace it with
. Since Norton Online Family is compatible with the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware update process, replacing the Add-On Pack with it will solve any Norton Internet Security related update issues.

Step 4

Please download and run the traceroute utility at
. It will run a traceroute to our update servers to see if it can find the connection issue, and then it will write it to a log, and open that log in Notepad when it is done. Please either save the log as a Text File and then attach it to a reply, or copy and paste it into a reply, and I will forward it on to our server guy.

Note that it may take several minutes to run, and it may look like it is not doing anything for a few minutes. Normally it takes longer when there are errors that it has to log, but it's rare for it to go more than 10 minutes.

We need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like inside the following code box:

mbam.exe:3656	TCP	vista-x64:52135	cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http	ESTABLISHED

Step 2 wouldn't work. It said "page not found" on both IE and Firefox

Last step really confused me, i'm not computer savvy.

Here's the log

Traceroute Malwarebytes CDN version 1.5

Mon 10/11/2010

0:14:48.12

Phase #1

Tracerouting: data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Unable to resolve target system name data-cdn.mbamupdates.com.

DNS Info

Server: UnKnown

Address: 192.168.1.1

============================================================

Phase #2

Tracerouting: llnw.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Unable to resolve target system name llnw.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com.

DNS Info

Phase #3

Tracerouting: edge.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Unable to resolve target system name edge.data-cdn.mbamupdates.com.

DNS Info

Finished at: 0:14:49.12

Hello patm233 :o

Logs indicate you have DNS issue, are you using router to connect to Internet? If so you may first try directly connecting via cable from modem, or reset router to factory defaults in which case you have to reconfigure it according to the settings provided by your ISP. Don't forget to change default login password

Please post back using MXyBj.png button with following details, someone will help you:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
  3. MBAM version (current 1.46)
  4. Definition version (current 4792)

OR

Please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the Help Desk

Hi -

Please try this quick fix -

1. First: Disconnect your computer from the internet. (Log out)

2. Router Reset: Next you must reset the router to its default configuration. This can be done by inserting something tiny like a paper clip end or pencil tip into a small hole labeled "reset" located on the back of the router. Press and hold down the small button inside until the lights on the front of the router blink off and then on again (usually about 10 seconds).

3. Reset the IP/DNS settings of your interent connection:

Download this Microsoft Item and follow its directions , or use the Fix It from M/soft

4. Flush the DNS cache:

• Go to Run Box or press Windows Key + R and the box will appear
  • In the command window copy/paste the following:
    ipconfig /flushdns

• Then hit enter.
  • Exit the command window.

5 Update: Try to update to the latest version

If this will not fix your router problem , then follow the advice above from Haider -

Thank You -