Win XPx64 Issue in Licensed Software

Click the update tab and click Check for Updates. Restart the protection module.

Hello. I have bought 25 licences. Most run on XP 32 bit and they work fine. When i try to run the protection module on Windows XP x64, i get the famous error message :

Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 997 (MBAMService)

I am using Anti Malware 1.28 - Database Version 1179 (Fingerprints loaded : 48651)

What can i do ? :angry:

Can you guys fix this issue ?

Surely Windows XP x64 cannot be a big problem ? :angry:

Tim

The problem is that x64 editions of Windows block a function that the MBAM protection module relies on to function. They are working to find ways around it, but things are progressing slowly, and priority has always been given to things such as Direct Disk Access (DDA) and the drivers that handle malware removal.

Right now none of the drivers that MBAM uses work on x64 editions of Windows. On the plus side, none of them are needed, because malware also does not work right in x64 editions of Windows, and is much easier to remove.

Please contact Marcin (aka "RubbeR DuckY") for more info.

Some people may only want auto updates, or scheduled scans, especially when the real-time protection module is chewing up resources (check the forums).

Umm I moderate the forums so I'm fairly in tune to what's there... and I have been in on the making of MBAM since before public beta. The person here is asking about the protection module. MBAM is very low on resource usage.

Umm I moderate the forums so I'm fairly in tune to what's there... and I have been in on the making of MBAM since before public beta. The person here is asking about the protection module. MBAM is very low on resource usage.

Seriously, there is no need to puff your chest out and imply that you have more experience. Marcin will be the first to tell you there is/was a problem with the protection module on certain systems. I've experienced the issue first hand on numerous systems.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6193

Seriously, there is no need to puff your chest out and imply that you have more experience. Marcin will be the first to tell you there is/was a problem with the protection module on certain systems. I've experienced the issue first hand on numerous systems.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6193

Seriously there is no need for your attitude at all. I'm not implying anything. It's a fact, I do know what's going on with the program and on the forums. I don't puff my chest ever! You have gone for me on several threads now and I'm over it. You don't need to try and undermine every post I make.

There have been some problems with cpu useage and that was quite some time ago. There is still a problem with the protection module, I have experience with it first hand.

But, that is not the issue here. It's about the protection on 64 bit machines and its NOT supported. Marcin is the one to deal with this too.

Right now none of the drivers that MBAM uses work on x64 editions of Windows. On the plus side, none of them are needed, because malware also does not work right in x64 editions of Windows, and is much easier to remove.

Please contact Marcin (aka "RubbeR DuckY") for more info.

Oh, do you really think that malware does not work on the x64 version of Windows XP ?? :lol:

Have a look at my 'increase upload size topic" :angry:

DL my link from rapidshare, unzip (password = malware) and open it on a Windows XP x64 machine ... B)

I guess you will be suprised ! :)

Yes, malware will run on X64, however MalwareBytes' anti-malware's protection module does not, which is what he was saying...

Let us hope then that there will be a version which supports x64 fully...

I've bought 25 licences because initially malwarebytes DOES work on x64.

It is after buying the licences that i've got aware that the protection module was not working !

If i knew this before, i should have bought less licenses...

Oh, do you really think that malware does not work on the x64 version of Windows XP ?? :lol:

Have a look at my 'increase upload size topic" :angry:

DL my link from rapidshare, unzip (password = malware) and open it on a Windows XP x64 machine ... B)

I guess you will be suprised ! :)

Hi Sir,

Some malware does function (although not correctly) on 64bit editions of windows, yes. However, our low level drivers are not supported on 64bit versions of windows. MS isn't too keen on supporting 3rd party drivers of this nature anymore.

While I appreciate the fact you did provide the files via a rapidlink url, you used a 3rd party program with it's own archive format. Please, understand, zip and rar are the standards. You may prefer powerarchiver for whatever reason, but if it's not making zips and/or rars, your wasting your time pointing us to your samples.

Many researchers, myself included will not bother with funk archives that require us to install yet another archiving program. If you would be so kind as to .zip them and send them to uploads.malwarebytes.org I'd really appreciate it.

Regarding the 64bit protection module, We do make it very clear that 64bit versions of windows are not supported in that manner. Marcin has no problem issuing refunds for licensing issues as a result, Please feel free to contact him as I explained in PM to you several days ago. Nobody here can help you with the issue you are having.