'Cookies' Cause Bitter Backlash

sho-dan

The Firefox web browser has an add-on extension that prevents these "Flash Cookies".. :P

I'll edit this message if I can ever remember what the extension is called. :)

DRATS!! Sorry for the double-post - MOD or ADMIN, please feel free to DELETE this post as the post that follows has all the information.

Thanks!

~Shy

Edited by ShyWriter

The Firefox web browser has an add-on extension that prevents these "Flash Cookies" from settling in.. :P (Sorry - a flash cookie just FLASHED me. :))

The extension is called BETTER PRIVACY:)https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623/

Flash-cookies (Local Shared Objects, LSO) are pieces of information placed on your computer by a Flash plugin. Those Super-Cookies are placed in central system folders and so protected from deletion. They are frequently used like standard browser cookies. Although their thread potential is much higher as of conventional cookies, only few users began to take notice of them. It is of frequent occurrence that -after a time- hundreds of those Flash-cookies reside in special folders. And they won't be deleted - never.

BetterPrivacy can stop them, . by allowing to silently remove those objects on every browser exit. So this extension becomes sort of "install and forget add-on". Usually automatic deletion is safe (no negative impact on your browsing), especially if the deletion timer is activated. The timer can delay automatic deletion for new or modified Flash-cookies which might be in use. It also allows to delete those objects immediately if desired.

dzx9o.gif

~Shy

I think that CCleaner takes care of these, I run CCleaner after I finish my browser session.

I always see Adobe Flash items with the file type .sol deleted when I run CCleaner :P

The Firefox web browser has an add-on extension that prevents these "Flash Cookies".. :P

I'll edit this message if I can ever remember what the extension is called. :P

DRATS!! Sorry for the double-post - MOD or ADMIN, please feel free to DELETE this post as the post that follows has all the information.

Thanks!

~Shy

Better privacy.:)

Edit: A little late.:)