MBAM and firewall/antivirus conflicts?

Does anyone know if MBAM paid version has any known conflicts with PC Tools firewall plus or Avast Antivirus?

The reason I ask is that sometimes my computer hangs or slows way down when browsing or connecting to different sites.

Not sure I needed to do this but.. I have set my PC tools firewall applications to accept all incoming and outgoing traffic for MBAM. I have also added exclusions in AVAST for all MBAM files/executables etc..

OR...

is it that with multiple real-time scanners running side by side going to naturally just slow everything down. I am running windows XP home edition with 512mb or RAM so I don't have alot to work with in the first place.

PC Tools firewall plus or Avast Antivirus

Personally I would not mix those 2 programs especially on a pc that small -

Avast (even free) , fully updated to version 5 , should provide all the protection you need , without needing to add any PCTools programs -

Also the PCTools is wasting any extra space you could need for other items -

Thank You -

EDIT -

is it that with multiple real-time scanners running side by side going to naturally just slow everything down. I am running windows XP home edition with 512mb or RAM so I don't have alot to work with in the first place.

As Kidd says above , there are times that the 2 items will work , but my concern is that you only have 500mb to start with - (Your XP SP3 also takes space)

By the time that you add a few games , your browsing , and a few other general programs , you are running at a very high limit for the unit -

Try it without the PCTools item removed and see if it runs better - Also keep MBAM updated always (set 1 update and 1 scan every day only) -