Try to update error, have tried everything, nothing

I have 2 PCs and have tried updating Malware Bytes and can't get either one to work. I keep getting the 12007 error. I wne through the exclusions, adding files and processes still nothing. I uninstalled MS Security and turned off my firewall and still nothing. I have tried mbam cleaner method and reinstall and nothing. I have tried going to a link with the update in an .exe format but every link i find is dead. I just tried to use TCPview and when I click on the update and see no change in the tcpview. I assume MBAM is not connecting to the net but why? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am a ends with this! I continue to get the Security Suite virus and as I see it the only way to get rid of it is with MBAM but not with an old version.

Hi and Welcome -

The "Security Suite" infection is causing your problems - Please follow as many of these instructions that you can do -

If you cannot complete the instructions , please post a new topic in the area indicated -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)

Hi and Welcome -

The "Security Suite" infection is causing your problems - Please follow as many of these instructions that you can do -

If you cannot complete the instructions , please post a new topic in the area indicated -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thanks but i hope I wasn't confusing in my post. I amnot currently infected. At least not that I know of. I need to update MBAM.

I continue to get the Security Suite virus and as I see it the only way to get rid of it is with MBAM but not with an old version

Sorry if I mis read your post but the last line led me to think you still had this infection -

Security Suite can cause problems after you think it is gone - If you think your internet can reach our server it should have no problem -

This can be one of the effects of this infection - It is VERY odd that both units have the same problem at the same time -

Please check your internet connections and make sure you have excluded Malwarebytes from all Firewalls and Filters -

I can only add the exclusions again and if this makes no change then you Still have the infection -

In that case use the above instructions -

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7

• C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ Section contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went -

Thank You -

Unless the problem is NOT caused by active malware present in the system, please follow the instructions of posting a diagnostics of malware posted by noknojon at post #2.

Otherwise, please perform what noknojon asks at post #4 below -

Please check your internet connections and make sure you have excluded Malwarebytes from all Firewalls and Filters -

I can only add the exclusions again and if this makes no change then you Still have the infection

Then if it cannot solve, since you did mention something about the tracing utility and TCPView (hopefully you have MBAM version 1.45 or above when you did these stuff), please post the following items in the next reply so that a MBAM staff will help you with the problem:

1. Whether you can see the 4-digit number in this link

2. traceout log from the traceroute utility

3. the line of mbam.exe shown in the TCPView when you try to update.

Thank You :)

PS

1. Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

2. For other members who have similar issue and need someone to assist you, please click the button t_new.gif below and post your problem as a new topic. Thanks :)

Sorry if I mis read your post but the last line led me to think you still had this infection -

Security Suite can cause problems after you think it is gone - If you think your internet can reach our server it should have no problem -

This can be one of the effects of this infection - It is VERY odd that both units have the same problem at the same time -

I can only add the exclusions again and if this makes no change then you Still have the infection -

In that case use the above instructions -

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For Windows Vista or Windows 7

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ Section contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went -

Thank You -

Still nothing. I een tried to connect to http://data.mbamupdates.com/tools/mbam-rules.exe for a manual update but keep getting a msg that the page is not available. All other interne works fine and I pined 3 of 4 of your servers I just can't connect ot them. Is the updae file availble anywhere else?

The pings and lack of updates show that there is either a fault in your Internet connection or you still have the infection -

This Update is not the latest , but as I do not know what yours is , it may help -

The latest update is Version 4434 as I write this -

NOTE: Please use the ADD REPLY Tab or FAST REPLY Tab when you respond otherwise you may note all of the last post is quoted -

My link is to the update shortcut that I think you have used -

Can you list your last update version an your Antivirus please -

This is your only other option - Otherwise you Still have some Infections and need to follow . Post #2 above -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your

Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.