Cannot update

Hey there!

Appreciate the forum.

Running WinXP SP3, receiving "mbam_error_updating (12150,0,WinhttpQueryheaders)"

Running Norton Internet Security 2006

I did some poking around... found out how to do a clean install of MBAM, did that.

Also made sure I manually added to NIS:

For Windows XP:

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

* C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

* C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

* C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

to the exclusion list. Still getting the error message.

I'm a little nervous because what prompted me to start this journey was a warning message for some Malware from this morning. I ran the new version of MBAM that I had installed, but it appears that version is from April and I haven't been able to update, so my fear is that there might be some piece of malware on here that the older update might not be catching.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi -

I assume that This Item is the one you refer to -

Version 2006 is very outdated so if you can not update it would be an idea to use another antivirus program -

Please see This Picture for an example of how to disable the Add on Pack if it is installed and ensure that this is also done

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well (eg Norton) -

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please try all of the above listed items and then try to update - Post back after that and we will review it -

Thank You -

12150 ERROR_HTTP_HEADER_NOT_FOUND

The requested header could not be located.

A very unspecified error from M/Soft -

Hi -

I assume that This Item is the one you refer to -

Version 2006 is very outdated so if you can not update it would be an idea to use another antivirus program -

Please see This Picture for an example of how to disable the Add on Pack if it is installed and ensure that this is also done

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well (eg Norton) -

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Please try all of the above listed items and then try to update - Post back after that and we will review it -

Thank You -

A very unspecified error from M/Soft -

I do not have the add-on pack installed.

The exclusion I'm referring to are in the Firewall portion of NIS - manually added those to the allowed programs.

I do not see where I can add that website to an allowed location list.

I believe I can download the latest NIS as part of my subscription if it has not already run out. Should I do that before we proceed?

Hi -

Yes - Please keep your Antivirus as updated as you can -

If you note in the 2nd diagram in the Norton item I listed , the Firewall is the item under the one indicated -

Click on the top line of the picture to enlarge it - Is this a basic picture of your Norton A/V program , as they have altered it in updates -

The diagrams show how to add the exclusions to your basic A/V program - The Firewall only needs MBAM.EXE or data-cdn.mbamupdates.com added -

You may note the highlighted item refers to updates - Please try this procedure again -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Thank You -

EDIT -

Please use the ADD REPLY Tab or FAST REPLY Tab at the bottom so the whole reply is not duplicated -

OK - thanks for the help. I downloaded NIS2010 and made sure it is the latest version with all the updates. I do not however have the add-on pack.

I found the equivalent screen to the one you have pictured in Norton 360. Instead of "Auto Protect Exclusions" they are called "Real-Time Protection Exclusions." In the "Network" section one clicks on "Settings" then under the "Computer Settings" Header, you find the Exclusions portion.

I added mbam.exe to the "Real Time Protection Exclusions" and it downloaded perfectly. Thanks so much for your help!!