Won't Update; Error: 732 (0,0)

I don't know if this differs from the Error and Fix in the "other" Topic ("Won't Update/error message"), but what I get is this: Error: 732 (0,0)

I verified that my I.E. Connections/Lan Settings are at Auto Detect, but no help. Does it matter that I use IE7 and not IE8? I also ran the "fix" .bat file provided in the referenced Topic - but it said there were two values it couldn't find. (if it'll help I can post the "results".txt from the .bat if that might help?) These problems I'm having updating are on another machine running XP, with AVG Antivirus. I'm wondering if AVG's Firewall could be the culprit?

The machine I'm on now runs Vista, with McAfee, and Mbam updates fine on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hello pzahutt, :)

Since it is an old error code (ie you have an old version of MBAM), so please follow the instructions below to re-install MBAM:

For Windows XP:

1. Click on Start and select Control Panel
  2. Open Add/Remove Programs
  3. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. Restart your computer very important
  5. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  6. It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  7. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

Note:

• You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version.
  • Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please post back if you have further questions.

Thank You :)

PS Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

I am experiencing the same error code. I have windows7, so should I follow the same instructions as was given for XP?

We released a new version (1.45) on Monday, March 29th, that addresses most of the update issues that people have been experiencing, and we have since released another new version (1.46) to address even more issues. Please use the following link to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com and MajorGeeks):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note that unless you receive any other errors, that this is the only step required to resolve the issue, and it works the same on all versions of Windows that we support. :)

Tony (gtyhfy),

You're a gem! I followed your instructions and MBAM Update now works like a charm. Thank you!

One thing, though..... When it came to this part,

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

I couldn't figure out how to disable AVG's Anti-Virus! I stopped the AVG Firewall just fine and the install seemed to work fine, but....

All I have left to do is add the Exceptions to the AVG Resident Shield and I should be good to go.

One last "humorous" note:

Please use the following link to be forwarded to one of our download mirrors (such as Download.com and MajorGeeks):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

I wish I had seen that before! When I clicked on the link and was redirected to a foreign site, I got a lump in my throat and thought "what if this is deja vu all over again?"

Anyway, thanks again. And thanks for the mbam Welcome! post-32477-1261866970.gif