Thank you, seriously

If the proggies check this thread, I just want to thank you so much for this product. Keep this program alive and updated. In the net's cesspool of rogueware, scams and over-priced sh*t - I'm glad I found this site and the program. I alternate between macs and pc's, and just came back to PC after a year hiatus - to find a metric sh*t-ton of malware in my system. Stuff like "MSAntivirus" was so bad that it damn near crippled my hard drive. I borrowed my friend's Norton software and spent 3 hours scanning and repairing my system, which ultimately did jack. So, seeing as how an 'anti-virus' prog (which I didn't even download) was my main problem - it was hard to escape the catch-22 of downloading another anti-virus to get rid of that one. Luckily, actual people on a forum recommended MWB so I took that deep breath and grabbed the app. A 15 minute scan found and fixed what Norton couldn't in 12x as long - and without having MWB trying to attach itself to Firefox and my system like Norton. Imagine that, a freeware beating the well-known yearly subscription powerhouse.

So anyway, that's all. Just, thank you. There's still actual programmers with a soul online, and that's uplifting. Keep MWB alive, it rocks - and I'll be uninstalling that Norton junk later today - and get my friend to do the same.

Also, seeing as how so many PoS fake anti-virus progs there are out there - you guys should try to market MWB in some way that'd reassure people that it's the real deal, and not just another rogue turd. I don't know how, but that was the selling point for me. *shrug* Just some constructive feedback, as you should market MWB more than it is. I prob wont make it back here - just stopping by to express my extreme gratitude for saving my crap pooter. Take care, bless ya.

~Michael

Hi Michael and welcome to Malwarebytes. Keep in mind MBAM is not an anitviurs program and you do need one. I recommend Avira, Avast, or ESET's NOD32 or Kaspersky's if you want to buy one. Avira and Avast have good free versions and also a paid version with added features.

Hi Michael and welcome to Malwarebytes. Keep in mind MBAM is not an anitviurs program and you do need one. I recommend Avira, Avast, or ESET's NOD32 or Kaspersky's if you want to buy one. Avira and Avast have good free versions and also a paid version with added features.

Agreed. I tend to stay away from avast! these days, but AntiVir is free for personal use as well, and it does a great job.

The three best anti-virus softwares tend to be AntiVir, Kaspersky, and NOD32. I've not been happy with NOD32 frequently failing to update lately, but they do make a good anti-virus.