W32.Cassel?

I was in the general forum and posted this topic since I couldn't reformat, guy in there told me to make thread here and it was W32.Cassel...

So, about 2 days ago, I got a Java Pop Up randomly while playing some counterstrike. No big deal, Kinda figured it was probably something malicious but didn't take immediate action. Then, My computer froze so I restarted and It got to the desktop and gave me some LCASS error. now I can't even get to the desktop it just stops after bios screen and tells me NLTDR is missing, press ctrl alt delete to restart..ok. Then I try to Reformat with SP1 disk, bunch of missing files on the reformat disk...alright.. so I go to an unopened, un used SP3 dell reinstall OS disk..it even has files missing and at the end I just get a blue screen of death..what the f is going on?

-Dylan

I was in the general forum and posted this topic since I couldn't reformat, guy in there told me to make thread here and it was W32.Cassel...

So, about 2 days ago, I got a Java Pop Up randomly while playing some counterstrike. No big deal, Kinda figured it was probably something malicious but didn't take immediate action. Then, My computer froze so I restarted and It got to the desktop and gave me some LCASS error. now I can't even get to the desktop it just stops after bios screen and tells me NLTDR is missing, press ctrl alt delete to restart..ok. Then I try to Reformat with SP1 disk, bunch of missing files on the reformat disk...alright.. so I go to an unopened, un used SP3 dell reinstall OS disk..it even has files missing and at the end I just get a blue screen of death..what the f is going on?

-Dylan

I don't think this is Cassel, reason being I haven't used an infected flashdrive, and I can't even get past my bios screen anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!