Malwarebytes anti-Malware and Rogue Remover?

Donna over at Calendar of Updates recently addressed this Rogue detection question with some extensive testing.

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/topic18279

3. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and RogueRemover both performed well on the tests. RogueRemover failed to detect 24 rogue samples and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, concidentally, also failed to detect 24 rogue samples. It should be noted that the failed samples were not the same items on both scanners. When scanned with both of scanners, the total number of samples missed was only ten [of 70 rogue apps]. This is important to note since it clearly displays the benefit of using multiple scanners.

I keep and use both scanners.

Donna over at Calendar of Updates recently addressed this Rogue detection question with some extensive testing.

http://www.dozleng.com/updates/topic18279

I keep and use both scanners.

One needs to go through Donna's testing carefully. There are several errors and issues that have been addressed in her results.

Using both programs is recommended by Malwarebytes.

Yes,I see the indications that certain things were not detected that really were.

Still,Today many people speak aginst the use of multiple on demand Spyware scanners.

(not needed,waste of HD space,etc,)

I thank this test is ammo for those of us who thank having a few on-demands is a good idea.

Particularly if they have no running process's despite the fact they are on demand only.

That is my only fault with A-Squared free.

Yes,I see the indications that certain things were not detected that really were.

Still,Today many people speak aginst the use of multiple on demand Spyware scanners.

(not needed,waste of HD space,etc,)

I thank this test is ammo for those of us who thank having a few on-demands is a good idea.

Particularly if they have no running process's despite the fact they are on demand only.

That is my only fault with A-Squared free.

Donna does state her tests show more than one scanning program is needed and she is absolutely correct in that statement.

Anyone that knows what they are talking about in PC security advocates a layered protection module, and that includes active processes and nonactive block lists such as those found in host files, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search & Destroy immunization, and RogueRemover immunization. More than one malware scanner a third party firewall and a good anti virus are crucial.