Excessive I/O reads by mbamservice.exe

I've noticed that the mbamservice.exe has I/O reads in Task Manager that are continuouslyincreasing by ~3meg/second. The total I/O reads for this process eventually far exceed the combined I/O reads for all other processes. Just curious if this is normal behavior and if so, what is this program doing. I could understand if the I/O reads increase when other applications are accessing files as MBAM is scanning them, but why is it continuously increasing when my PC is idle. It keeps increasing even when I turn off the realtime Protection module. I believe I/O reads are hard drive related so I'm concerned that this might be putting unnecessary loading on my HDD's.

See attachment for screenshot of my Task Manager.

Any info is appreciated.

Regards,

Greg

post-42427-1274465025_thumb.jpg

Hi scanfahrer -

First can you copy and paste this code for a full CheckDisc scan into your Run Box > Click OK -

Close any open programs as the computer will shut down and restart for a full 5 stage check -

CMD /C ECHO Y|CHKDSK C: /R | SHUTDOWN /R /T 30

This occurs in some systems - The help desk will assist you with any further explanation or solution -

Also as a paying customer, can you please contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org for further ongoing support -

Thank You - :)