MultiCore AntiVirus & AntiSpyware

Cordialis

The program sounds extremely interesting but it's new and not much information is available. The engine runs antivirus and antispyware scan-engines provided by FRISK Software International (F-Prot), Norman ASA, Lavasoft AB and Sunbelt Software Inc. simultaneously. It's homepage has no information about what defenitions it uses. Will MultiCore AntiVirus & AntiSpyware receive definition update from all 4 companies and how much delay is there - I mean the definitions would have to be coordinated before they are send to ones PC so that we don't get all these doubles?

I find it very strange that there is no mentioning of definitions. The site only talks about integrating "cores" ans "scan-engines". That could be very little, actually, if the definitions from these 4 vendors are not a part of the security program...

Thanks for all response in advance.

Link: http://nuwavesoft.com/products/

PS: Also, I can't see a Forum in there.

How often one should update signature databases?

Signature database updates are being released from 3 to 5 times per day. Automatic update function checks for new updated once a day. If you would like to download updates more often and use the newest signature databases, create corresponding tasks in the scheduler. In this case automatic update function can be turned off.

they have a 30 day demo but I am not impressed with affiliates or their English

the claim about being universally compatible with all other protections is a little hard to swallow

the awards pages reminds me of some peking based video programs

another question would be how can quad core running 4 threads access a hard disk any faster, unless you were running

10K striped raid

Name: Protected Domain Services

This website name was created on:

29-Jan-2007

The details were last updated on:

Unless renewed, this website expires on:

29-Jan-2012

Website Server Location:

(registrar)

IP Address: 66.249.4.211

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about nuwavesoft.com

AboutUs: nuwavesoft.com

Domain Name: nuwavesoft.com

Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2012-01-29 00:00:00

Creation Date: 2007-01-29 16:54:18

Name Servers:

NS1.NAME.COM

NS2.NAME.COM

NS3.NAME.COM

NS4.NAME.COM

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO

Protected Domain Services

125 Rampart Way

Suite 300

Denver

CO

US

Email Address: nuwavesoft.com@protecteddomainservices.com

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT INFO

125 Rampart Way

Suite 300

Denver

CO

US

TECHNICAL CONTACT INFO

125 Rampart Way

Suite 300

Denver

CO

US

BILLING CONTACT INFO

125 Rampart Way

Suite 300

Denver

CO

US

It is listed in PCWorld http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,...escription.html

OrgName: Spry Hosting

OrgID: SPRYC-1

Address: 2211 5th Ave

City: Seattle

StateProv: WA

PostalCode: 98121

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.spry.com:4321/

NetRange: 66.249.0.0 - 66.249.31.255

CIDR: 66.249.0.0/19

NetName: SPRY-NET-001

NetHandle: NET-66-249-0-0-1

Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Allocation

NameServer: NS3.DNSCLOUD.COM

NameServer: NS4.DNSCLOUD.COM

Comment:

RegDate: 2004-03-02

Updated: 2008-02-22

OrgAbuseHandle: SAIRC-ARIN

OrgAbuseName: Spry Abuse Incident Response Center

OrgAbusePhone: +1-206-838-9051

OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@spry.com

OrgNOCHandle: SPRYN-ARIN

OrgNOCName: Spry NOC

OrgNOCPhone: +1-206-838-9051

OrgNOCEmail: noc@spry.com

OrgTechHandle: SPRYN-ARIN

OrgTechName: Spry NOC

OrgTechPhone: +1-206-838-9051

OrgTechEmail: noc@spry.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2008-06-22 19:10

# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

OrgName: Spry Hosting

OrgID: SPRYC-1

Address: 2211 5th Ave

City: Seattle

StateProv: WA

PostalCode: 98121

Comment:

RegDate: 2007-03-15

Updated: 2008-03-04

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.spry.com:4321/

AbuseHandle: SAIRC-ARIN

AbuseName: Spry Abuse Incident Response Center

AbusePhone: +1-206-838-9051

AbuseEmail: abuse@spry.com

AdminHandle: SPRYN-ARIN

AdminName: Spry NOC

AdminPhone: +1-206-838-9051

AdminEmail: noc@spry.com

NOCHandle: SPRYN-ARIN

NOCName: Spry NOC

NOCPhone: +1-206-838-9051

NOCEmail: noc@spry.com

TechHandle: SPRYN-ARIN

TechName: Spry NOC

TechPhone: +1-206-838-9051

TechEmail: noc@spry.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2008-06-22 19:10

# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

like i said reminds me of peking software

http://nuwavesoft.com/PR/antivirus_awards.php

look at the awards page, they are bogus

when i am globally moderating at digitaldigest, this is how I decide what's spam or not

all I am saying is buyer beware

Thanks guys and thanks DaChew for finding that quote. I did a search on the partner sites that Nuwave claims to have software from and I am only able to find Nuwave listed on Normans site. Link: http://www.norman.com/Partner/11489/dk

I agree that Nuwaves homepage is so badly written that one is left in doubt: is this product genuine or not? I might write the other companies (Sunbelt etc.) and ask why they don't list Nuwave as a partner on their site.

I still don't know what to think. The information on MultiCore AntiVirus & AntiSpyware's homepage is really poor. More thoughts about this is still very welcome...

Actually I'm not worried about support for the product. We have so many forums all over the Internet - you can always get help. But it would of cause add to their reliability had they had a forum of their own. The product also comes at a relatively low price so it's not about money.

The questions that remains: what's inside "MultiCore AntiVirus & AntiSpyware"? Can it do what it says? Bogus or not?

And why is their homepage so bad? Why don't they link to their awards - they only link to the frontpages of the sites that they claim to have received awards form. Same thing with the partners they claim to have. They do not link to any confirmation of those partnerships. Only to the frontpages of these alleged partner's sites.

And one thing is so stupid that it's almost beyond comprehension: when you click a link on NuWaves homepage it redirects you away form their site! If you click the link for Sunbelt you will land on Sunbelt's site. It this stupid or is it stupid? They transfer potential costumers to the sites of their competitors! The link should of cause open a new page in a seperat window. And that should be the relevant pages confirming awards and partnerships. Not for example Sunbelt's frontpage.

They really land themselves some terrific trouble with such a hopeless and talentless homepage. The only positive thing is Norman's reference. They mention NuWave as a partner on their site. I don't imagine that Norman would engage in a bogus company.

You can do it manually - you have an OS that recognizes multiple core CPUs, and thus includes an affinity process in Task Manager - set each one to use only a particular core, and voila - you have their product, without the nice little executable that runs them (which more than likely is just a batch file made executable).

SO, as DaChew pointed out - whether you have 1 core or 4 cores or 400 cores - they all go through the same pipe in terms of access the HD, right? *hint hint*

Well, I don't think we are going to get any closer - it's not possible to find any more information about this program. I guess that it is not rouge but the quality of the software is still unknown. I don't feel like downloading it for a test. Wouldn't know how to test it properly anyway. I guess we will have to leave it there...

Remember - the *quality* of the software is only going to go as far as what options you are able to use with the software - IE are you able to use your own choice of programs for antispyware, antivirus, antimalware, etc?

And independent of that is whether the program allows you to use specialized parameters for each app that it launches.

Other than that there is nothing special here - you could just as easily write a batch file using all good products which allow commandline parameter to each program and do it manually.

Yes, you are right. But the 4 programs it claims to contain is a fine collection and the price is fair for all this given that it's the full versions and not the freeware ones. However nothing is known about this software or what versions of the 4 programs it actually contains - as a matter of fact we only think it's legit but we don't know for sure. I give them the benefit of the doubt but I won't risk anything. Their homepage is a mess. So no trial for me. I stick with Malwarebytes'. :P