Newbie - Cannot "register" product -- Error Code 1061

Downloaded product, now trying to "register" it, but get this error message: ShellExecuteEx failed; Code 1061. The service cannot accept control messages at this time." Anyone know what I need to do to get past this so that I can register the product, then run a scan? TIA

Welcome to the forum Jewels -

As you have not listed your Operating System or Antivirus/Firewall, Please select your O/S from this list and follow these directions first -

Please read below on how to set your Registration -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :blink:

P.S. - The email you recieved from Cleverbridge will have your Key and ID required to register the program -

Click on register, then copy and paste these 2 items in the boxes as noted -

Then read This Topic on how to set the scheduler -

Please post back if the problem persists and list any Antivirus and Firewall you use -