Malwarebytes free download problem

Hello, I need help on being able to use the Malwarebytes program. I have tried 4 times to download the free version of Malwarebytes 1.45, however after the download finished it said that it couldnt find mbam.exe. What do i do because I am getting XP Defender Pro attacks and pop-ups? please help.

Hello Emily ,Welcome to Malwarebytes.org -

Sorry to hear about that situation , but the infection that you have is blocking your completion of the download -

We can , however, remove the infection for you if you wish - Then you will be able to complete a download after that -

As we don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums, could you please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please be patient as the experts can get a bit busy at times -

Add a brief note about your situation with the reply -

Thank You - :)

As a side note, please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when responding -

Thank you for responding and taking the time to help me. I have created the post that you have asked for. However, when i was scanning with the GMER & i tried to stop it because I had to leave, it froze so i could not save the parts that were already scanned, if you need that information, please reply and i will try again.