RDP + v1.45?

I know there was a long known bug in the past when you were trying to run the protection model (paid version) and remoting into a machine with RDP. I thought this was supposed to be fixed in v1.45? Its still not working for me. When i choose "Enable Protection Mode" i get "[CreateService] failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 1072". This is happening on a variety of machines with a variety of different OS versions:

Windows 7 x64

Windows 2008 Enterprise Server R2 x64

Windows Server 2003

Every machine is up to date on its patches.

I don't know if it matters but i didn't do a full uninstall / reinstall of malwarebytes when i went to version 1.45. I did an inplace upgrade.

What gives? There are quite a few machines in my network that are headless and i only use RDP to connect to them. Very frustrating that i can't run Malwarebytes realtime scanning. If this is still a bug please tell me its either going to be fixed really soon or there is an easy workaround?

thanks,

Ncage

• Staff

As a licensed corporate user, technician, reseller, affiliate or non-profit you have access to the corporate helpdesk, contact them via the email address below. This is the consumer helpdesk only.

corporate-support@malwarebytes.org.

They will assist you in this matter. Please provide your license information when requesting help.