antivirus just won't go away :(

ok this might be long!

first, i got antisoft on my computer. i downloaded malwarebyte's for the first time and it got rid of it... for a few days. next i got what i think was called XP antivirus. this was a bit trickier to get rid of as i had to rename malwarebytes files and extensions, but i eventually got rid of the fake antivirus. THEN, last night, i got yet ANOTHER fake antivirus program. only this time it won't let me open malwarebytes at all, even after renaming the program. i somehow got it to work in safe mode (it wasn't working responding earlier) and i ran a scan and the results said that there was no malware on my computer. i went to the quarantine tab and deleted all the of trojans etc. from previous scans (this all happened within this week) but when i restarted my computer in the normal mode the antivirus was still there :). i still can't open malwarebytes in the normal mode, even after renaming it, so i can't run a scan in there.

i really don't know what to do, the only way i did everything else was through lots and lots of googling and step by step instructions; i'm not the most knowledgable about computers :D

any ideas?

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Try to complete all the steps, but you can skip any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

If your computer is un-bootable and you cannot run any of the steps, just post a description of the problems you are having there.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

:) Hi jamiejamie -

You may want to look at the areas that you are browsing on the internet - You have been hit by several infections that all relate to the same family of problems - Several of these will infest similar areas of the net and wait for you to return -

Thank You - :)