problems after running malwarebytes

I've run malwarebytes on three computers. Two of the computers are on the same network and I use one mouse/keyboard using inputdirector (inputdirector.com). After running malwarebytes, inputdirector was missing from one computer's desktop. The program folder was there but I couldn't find the exe file. I reinstalled it. Now I can move my mouse from one computer to the other, but only sometimes.

After running malwarebytes on the third computer, some folders (and the files they contained) disappeared from the desktop and from my documents. My backup program also disappeared.

Can you tell me what happened and how to recover the missing files?

Hello markk42,

Let me offer the following observations. Hopefully they help in some manner.

If you think MBAM removed some items, start MBAM, click the Quarantine tab and just only take a survey of it's contents.

The quarantine folder is located under %Appdata%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Quarantine

in case you also wanted to look.

I'm not there to see what you are seeing. I'm guessing that you think MBAM removed some things.

False positives unfortunatly do occur. But if your missing items are not in the MBAM quarantine, you'll need to pursue other avenues.

If you are a MBAM customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you are a corporate customer please send an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org.

(NOTE: An order number is required for corporate support.)

Best to you.