computer problem

perch49

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. This has just started, When I shut down the computer and try and start it the next day my screen will stay black and the monitor blinking, keyboard will light up but computer will not open on the screen. Yesterday it took me 25 minutes of constantly turning computer off and on to finally get it to come on screen. If I just do a restart I have no problem, so far. I am at the point where I am very nervous to shut down. Any suggestions as to what is going bad?

I for one would start with the power supply.

If you do a restart, the computer is already on and the power supply has already kicked in enough to continue with what you are doing.

On a fresh start it is possible that the power supply is having trouble giving enough voltage to the system.

I would also test the memory on the computer using MemTest86. A bad module could cause this as well.

Start with that and get back to us.....

I for one would start with the power supply.

If you do a restart, the computer is already on and the power supply has already kicked in enough to continue with what you are doing.

On a fresh start it is possible that the power supply is having trouble giving enough voltage to the system.

I would also test the memory on the computer using MemTest86. A bad module could cause this as well.

Start with that and get back to us.....

I did not get the chance to do any of the above, my son don't get to my house very often to help me but I did switch my monitors and that seems to be the problem. This is my 2nd Samsung to go bad in 2 years. Will try another brand. thank you for your help.