Something is preventing MB from running

OK;

I just ran the script that LTAngelic wrote and still no luck.

I'm not sure if I'm still addressing her or not, but I'll post the question again:

Since Firefox is working just fine for me, I really don't need to fix Internet Explorer. I do however, not like to leave a problem unresolved. If whoever responds to this would like to tackle this problem, I'm game.

To recap, right now the only problem I'm having is the .NET Framework update won't work and IExplorer crashes on certain websites (HP.com being one of them).

I'll wait for someone to respond.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff

Bil Bill,

I will be helping you while Ltangelic is away.

Have you attempted uninstalling the .net Framework all together and letting Windows Update download it again?

Check out this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

Scroll down to the part labeled "Method 1: Manually remove and reinstall .NET Framework."

Let me know how it goes or if you need any assistance.

-screen317

Well first of all, for some reason, I'm not seeing your last response. It's like you never posted it????

Very weird.

I did see it once and I followed the link, downloaded the .NET Framework uninstaller utility and used it. It did allow me to uninstall all versions of the .NET Framework.

I then downloaded and installed .NET Framework 2.0 and 2.0 service pack 2 and successfully installed them.

Now I can't install .NET Framework 3.0. I've downloaded it, and it goes nearly all the way through installation when it causes an error message saying that it's encountered a problem and needs to close.

Do you need a screen shot?

• Staff

Hi,

Yes please post a screenshot.

Please download Dial-A-Fix from here.

Save it to your Desktop.

Open Dial-a-fix.exe

Click the green checkmark at the bottom of the window; this should select all options.

Now, click GO.

Allow it to run (the status will be displayed at the bottom), and follow any prompts you receive.

Restart your computer and see if the update will install now. If not, use the .NET Framework uninstaller again, then try downloading it again.

-screen317

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!