Nintendo Dsi

chimpy

I am going to be getting a Dsi soon and want to be able to use it to connect to the web, I have googled about possible infection as I am pretty sure you cannot get a adblocker or a script blocker for it let alone a AV, so I was wondering if anyone had one or knew a little about what the risks would be as its not cheap and I do not want to infect it.

Thanks.

Thanks thats good to know as I will be using it mainly at Wi-fi spots for browsing just generally to pass the time and a few sites to read manga on that I know are fine but do have ads which I block on my computer but am not sure that the DSi blocks things like that.

Thanks, I know its the Opera system it is using and I just wanted to make sure that if I went on a site that my AV would block or atleast detect a threat on it, that the DSi would be safe.

I am not very techy minded so I am not sure what it is that would protect the DSi from the same virus that would harm a PC?

I am not very techy minded so I am not sure what it is that would protect the DSi from the same virus that would harm a PC?

Well, it's the same thing that keeps a computer running Linux or Mac OS from being infected by a virus that would harm a PC. Different operating systems are generally not cross-compatible, meaning that software made to run on a certain OS most likely will not function on another OS. In this case, your PC runs Windows as its OS while the DSI uses its own proprietary OS. A virus that would infect a PC could literally be copied to your DSI, but it would have no effect on the DSI whatsoever because the virus couldn't run. It's the same reason you can't play a PC game on your DSI, only DSI games, PC software just isn't compatible with it (viruses/malware are nothing more than software themselves, albeit malicious software :lol:).

• 2 weeks later...