xp pro says I don't have anti-virus protection

I have registered my Malwarebytes but XP Pro (in the Microsoft Security Center) says I don't have anti-virus protection. MB is running and protecting the computer.

What's causing this?

Thanks.

Malwarebytes AntiMalware is not an antivirus software and this is the reason it does not register in the Security center in Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7.

You need a full-feautured security software . Pick on the these :

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus...windows-xp.aspx

@ ASpace

There are several on that page that I would not recommend but I do recommend avast! or Avira as Free anti virus and Kaspersky as paid anti virus applications.

@ ASpace

There are several on that page that I would not recommend but I do recommend avast! or Avira as Free anti virus and Kaspersky as paid anti virus applications.

Yep . But they are Microsoft approved .

I also wouldn't recommend QuickHeal , avast! , AVG , McAfee , Panda or Rising but let's hope the OP have heard of the big names in the industry and makes the right choice

But we'd better not convert the thread into antivirus programs discussion

Hi Wesley and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :blush:,

Malwarebytes is actually not an anti-virus program; it is an anti-MALware program designed to work with your anti-virus to maximize protection of your system :) It is good at what antivirus programs are not good at.

The following are some recommendations for antivirus protection along with links to downloads for them (free trials for those that require a purchase so you can try them before deciding):

Note: If you decide to use one of the trial versions of one of the paid antiviruses then you will either need to purchase it or uninstall it completely and install a replacement antivirus before the trial expires so that your PC is not left unprotected.

MSE Downloads:

Definitions Installers:

Note: if installing the definitions in Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right click the definitions installer and select Run as administrator and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

As a side note, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying.

Thank you :D