VPN compatible?/corporate licensing

I'm a member of a Network Design Team for a contest at my school. One of our objectives is to provide an antivirus solution for our network. I learned about MalwareBytes at work and it seems like it would do the trick. But I had a few questions, if someone could be so kind as to answer them. :blush:

Firstly, does the program have any known issues working with VPN or remote access? We have two locations connecting through VPN, as well as 100 total remote users connecting via vpn on their laptops, and all need to be protected.

My second question refers to corporate licensing. I saw the form to fill out for a quote, but as I am not planning on actually purchasing it (sorry guys -- poor college student here!), I was not sure if that was the appropriate action to take. I am looking at a total of 146 users across both networks, plus some infrastructure servers, and possible expansion later.

I appreciate any help with this. :)

Hello southern belle, and Welcome to Malwarebytes....

First off, Malwarebytes is not an anti virus software. It is an Anti Malware software that was created to work hand in hand with your anti virus software. You may look into Microsoft Security Essentials for your anti virus needs for your project. Both MSE and MBAM would be a great addition to your project.

Second, I use the full version of Malwarebytes and have not experience any problems with using VPN with it.

Lastly, as far as the corporate license and your ability to use it in your project, you will have to wait for a reply from one of the Administrators or someone on the staff, as I am not on the staff, just a loyal customer and forum helper.....

Hope this helps a little....

Thanks for the info, Firefox. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am a little confused as to the difference between antivirus software and anti malware software. They had me doing virus scans with MBAM at work... I thought Malware was supposed to encompass viruses and spyware both? What does antivirus do that anti malware doesn't?