Norotn 360 & Malwarebytes

Win7Ultimate

You should be able to use them together just fine ;)

I know you're not using AVG but the exclusions you would need to add would be the same/very similar, so please take a look at this post here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=167851

Have you had any issues thus far?

You should be able to use them together just fine ;)

I know you're not using AVG but the exclusions you would need to add would be the same/very similar, so please take a look at this post here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=167851

Have you had any issues thus far?

No. It seems to work fine for me but I asked this same question in the Norton forums and I was told I shouldn't have to real time protection programs running at the same time in case of "conflicting". I look at the link also and I'm trying to find how I can exclude malwarebytes from norton 360 query at the moment

Oh, okay. Glad that you haven't had any issues so far ;)

Correct, two Anti-Virus programs shouldn't be used together at the same time, but Malwarebytes is designed to complement your Anti-Virus program. There seems to be a lot of misconception at times about this as a lot of people seem to think that an antivirus and an antimalware program shouldn't be used together and so they tell others that as well, and that is not the case. They should be used together, because they are top notch at different things, and complement each other. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is good at what the Anti-Virus programs are not good at.

Also, Please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying ;)

Awesome, that's good news ;)

There shouldn't be any problems.

If you ever DO have a problem, feel free to post for help if the exclusions I gave you in the link don't work.

Once in a while an AV (antivirus) program has an issue with Malwarebytes, but it is more often than not the AV's issue, not Malwarebytes.

For example, AVG has had a lot of issues lately with Malwarebytes because of bad database updates. I strangely haven't had any issues with it but I am switching from AVG to something else soon, the above being one of the several reasons.

Hi Win7Ultimate -

This guide is for Norton 360

For Most New Norton Products

Add exclusion to Auto-Protect and Risk scan

1 Start your Norton 2010 product.

2 In the Computer pane, click Settings.

3 Under Exclusions, next to Scan Exclusions, click Configure.

4 If you want to exclude a file from scan, under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

5 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

6 If you want to exclude a file from Auto-Protect, under Auto-Protect Exclusions, click Add.

7 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

8 Click Apply > OK

Thank You - ;)

Let us know how it goes -