catscomputer

Here you go!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer]

"Path"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\NPSWF32.dll"

"XPTPath"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\flashplayer.xpt"

"ProductName"="Adobe

Well it seems that my first fix indeed should have corrected this. I suspect it has to do with the fact that the reg key resides under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, a key that only administrators and the system have access to along with the fact that you're working from a limited user account. I can create a batch file to remove the entry and I'll do so shortly. Just give me a few moments to make it up and test it before I post it for you.

I will return with the fix shortly :) .

No problem, I'm very patient when it comes to this stuff and I love solving difficult problems and helping people out :) .

I've got the fix, now as before, make absolutely sure you have a current registry backup with ERUNT to make sure you can restore your registry if something goes wrong then do the following:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @echo off
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@divx.com/DivX Browser Plugin,version=1.0.0" /f
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file KillDivX.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

After that's complete reboot and then do this for confirmation that it's gone:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @echo off
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins" /s>"%userprofile%\desktop\Mozilla Plugins.txt"
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Mozilla Plugins.txt"
    del /f /q "%userprofile%\desktop\Mozilla Plugins.txt"
    del /f /q %0

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file MozillaCheck.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

If all goes well, the acursed DivX plugin that wouldn't die will now be gone :) .

Nope still there :) wow this is so hard just to remove a plugin!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer

Path REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll

XPTPath REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\flashplayer.xpt

ProductName REG_SZ Adobe

Alright, it's possible that for some reason this key also exists under Current_User which would prevent it from being removed this way based on some research I've done. Please do the following to confirm my suspicions:

@echo off
    reg query "HKCU\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins" /s>"%userprofile%\desktop\Mozilla Plugins.txt"
    del /f /q %0

• Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Ok

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=8

Path REG_SZ C:\Users\panda\AppData\Local\Google\Update\1.2.183.13\npGoogleOneClick8.dll

Description REG_SZ Google Update

ProductName REG_SZ Google Update

Vendor REG_SZ Google

Version REG_SZ 8

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=8\MimeTypes

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=8\MimeTypes\application/x-vnd.google.oneclickctrl.8

Nope, looks like I was wrong, only a Google Update plugin exists there :) . Well, the only remaining option I can see would be to delete the entry manually in Regedit, something I generally advise against since it can be risky should you delete the wrong entry. If you're confident you can do it then I can provide detailed instructions on how to do so, but please be aware that you absolutely must have a current registry backup before we continue (I know I've said that a lot, but it applies especially now should you choose to proceed with manual deletion).

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Is it harmful leaving it there at all? I presume its a genuine Divx plugin but I revo'd it because MBAM found an infection in there that was a FP http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...c=20351&hl= http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...c=20072&hl= If its not going to mess up anything in the long run then I would probably be best off just leaving it there as I am not that confident with regdediting I have only done it twice, once manually which did not work and the other time via Ccleaner which worked but I cannot see a entry in Ccleaner for Divx at the moment.

Hey :) ! Good news, I just re-analyzed your last log and it appears we did indeed succeed. The strange format of Firefox plugins in the registry threw me off. We have in fact removed 1 of the DivX related entries already, now all we need to do is remove the remaining 2. To do so please do the following:

@echo off
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@divx.com/DivX Content Upload Plugin,version=1.0.0" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@divx.com/DivX Player Plugin,version=1.0.0" /f
    del /f /q %0

• Name the file KillDivX.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.

After that's done, go ahead reboot and then do the following for verification:

@echo off
    reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins" /s>"%userprofile%\desktop\Mozilla Plugins.txt"
    del /f /q %0

I think you did it!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer

Path REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll

XPTPath REG_SZ C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\flashplayer.xpt

ProductName REG_SZ Adobe