MWB has successfully blocked access to IP.....

Hi All:

We've successfully installed MWB on our Windows Vista PC and run several full scans without any problems showing. Now we are getting messages from MWB that it is 'successfully blocking access to malcious IP ....' Seems to me that we have some sort of keylogger installed on the PC that is attempting to contact home base and send off its payloads. Is there any way to identify this trojan and remove it? Or are we just stuck and have to reformat/reinstall.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi jbk welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase :lol:

It's doing exactly what it says - blocking access to a malicious IP which prevents getting infected in the first place ;)

If you have any doubts, post the name of the website that you got this alert on AND the IP address number here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=42

so someone can have a look at if for you.

Also, as a side note when replying, please use the "Add reply" button at the bottom of the page or erase what the person before you said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

Thank you :o

No, no. The browser is closed. I'm not accessing any websites and all windows are closed. These messages are appearing once every five to ten minutes without my doing anything. The Malware log shows the warnings. It looks like some of the IP addresses repeat. I traced one of the IP's to an ISP in Moldavia.

Hi jbk.

Alright then, we've ruled out visiting a malicious IP on a website as the cause of the IP block.

Hmm. Do you have any P2P (peer to peer) software installed, such as Limewire, Vuze, uTorrent, etc...?

Check your installed programs by going to Control panel > add/remove software and see if any of those programs or similarly named ones (bittorrent etc...) are listed there.

If you aren't using P2P software (and if you are, I strongly urge you to uninstall it), then I would recommend getting your system checked:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.