udRemove.exe ?

Does anyone know where this is from ? I did a scan with Malwarebyes and it found this udRemove.exe from C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\udRemove.exe , now prior to that I wasn't able to open this folder , I got a pop up saying >> My current securty setting do not allow this action

But once I Quarantine it I was able to open my TIF folder . I end up deleting the file , I figure it was in the TIF section so no harm could of been done by deleting it

I'm just curious if there any solid info as to where it might of come from ? Thanks

Windows xp pro sp3 fully updated , MS security essentails

Hi mOOndOg -

You did the best thing by deleting it - I do not know the source of the infection , but it may have been a site you visited or in your emails -

Some infections do not need to be actually D/loaded - They are known as DriveBy infections but to be in Docs/Temp i/net files It sounds like it was D/loaded from some site you visited -

This type of infection will stick even if you just 'looked'at , or 'entered' a site - Glad you could remove it -

PS. You are running the same setup as I am at the moment (with MBAM also installed) -

Thank you for asking I hope you have Fully removed it now - :D

Hi noknojon,

Yep its gone and I'm happy malwarebyes did it for me . I hope maybe someone later on might be able to provide some more info about it . I hate not knowing where it came from . The good part was I got it pretty early with no damage . Oh well , Happy Holidays to all .

Hi mOOndOg -

If it was in C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\udRemove.exe then it seems to be something that you downloaded -

Without any history logs it is very hard to isolate its' source - If you want to go further then you can get our (busy) experts to check your logs for free -

As we don't work on Malware removal and full diagnostics in the general forums, you can follow these directions -

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available -

Thank you for your reply - :D